• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Individual tire pressure readings!

HKF

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Honda Accord
Something that I don’t think has been mentioned here is that the Integra seems to have individual tire pressure readings that can be called up in the dash! No Civic has that and competitors with it are hilariously over priced!

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
I guess it depends on what you call a competitor. The base 27K Mustang has that feature, has for years. I'm actually amazed the Civic doesn't have it. I figured it would have had it for like 5yrs by now.

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Si
Which means that the Integra is going to be using traditional in-wheel TPMS sensors as opposed to the ABS rotational speed measurement that the Civic uses. Pros: more accurate and less false-positives that require recalibrating the TPMS system. Cons: need TPMS sensors for winter wheels or just deal with the TPMS warning.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
I guess it depends on what you call a competitor. The base 27K Mustang has that feature, has for years. I'm actually amazed the Civic doesn't have it. I figured it would have had it for like 5yrs by now.
Agreed. I thought individual TPMS was standard and required these days.

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18 CTR(Sold), 19 TLX, 21 Veloster N(sold)
I think it’s a safety feature that every car should come with. The speed sensor really bothered me when I had my CTR.

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Si
Agreed. I thought individual TPMS was standard and required these days.
In the US, some sort of TPMS system is required. It's the individual tire pressure monitoring that is not.

Ethan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2010 Mazda 3 GT 6 speed
The Mazda 3 actually has this standard.

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt

Hondabob

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Si
And torsion beam rear suspension!
Which is perfectly acceptable, the only real let down on the Mazda on the suspension side is the tires they chose.

you don’t need to argue for the Integra in every way possible, while this is an Acura forum it doesn’t need to be a dictatorship.

there are some things the Integra has that others don’t (in Mazda case there is no ambient lighting, and very little lighting at all)

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Which is perfectly acceptable, the only real let down on the Mazda on the suspension side is the tires they chose.

you don’t need to argue for the Integra in every way possible, while this is an Acura forum it doesn’t need to be a dictatorship.

there are some things the Integra has that others don’t (in Mazda case there is no ambient lighting, and very little lighting at all)
It's perfectly acceptable for a mainstream compact hatchback. However it's unacceptable for anything with a premium badge.
So it's the very first thing they need to take care of before actually becoming a 100% premium brand.

TPMS, on the other hand, is absolutely necessary.
There's nothing special about the Mazda 3 having it, and there's nothing special about the Integra having it.
The only reason it's worth mentioning is because Honda for some dumb reason doesn't put them in the Civic.

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
It's perfectly acceptable for a mainstream compact hatchback. However it's unacceptable for anything with a premium badge.
So it's the very first thing they need to take care of before actually becoming a 100% premium brand.

TPMS, on the other hand, is absolutely necessary.
There's nothing special about the Mazda 3 having it, and there's nothing special about the Integra having it.
The only reason it's worth mentioning is because Honda for some dumb reason doesn't put them in the Civic.
They actually have a very long and detailed reason behind why they went with a torsion beam as it was the best way to get the predictable handling they wanted. If the goal was handling and not "omg soft ride" then the beam is perfectly fine than a needlessly complicated and costly system.

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
They actually have a very long and detailed reason behind why they went with a torsion beam as it was the best way to get the predictable handling they wanted. If the goal was handling and not "omg soft ride" then the beam is perfectly fine than a needlessly complicated and costly system.
I agree there's nothing wrong with it performance wise.
Hell, even the fastest FWD production vehicle on the Nurburgring has torsion beam.

What I'm saying is that the Mazda 3 shouldn't be considered premium just yet, especially with the torsion beam set up.