• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Headlights

Sexyf22ap2

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 honda insight
Hey everyone, quick question. I had a chance to drive the new integra today but it was super bright outside. For those who have owned a s2000 or know the sharpness of the headlamps on the s2000 . I am wondering if they are the same sharpness or similar ? I have owned a 2020 insight and 2018 civic type r which both have led headlamps but i did not think they were the same quality , they were bright and nice but I am looking for the sharp line . Any thoughts owners?
Thanks

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Coming from a Toyota with projectors the Acura lights are amazing. I was initially concerned since the DRL is on top not bottom. I thought the lights would be to low but not the case.

Integra805

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus GS350, MDX
I had an ap1 for a decade. These lights are way better. Not a knock on the ap1, just a better headlight

OP
OP
Sexyf22ap2

Sexyf22ap2

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 honda insight
I'm currently stuck on 2018 white type r or 2023 acura integra aspec w tech 6 speed white. Do I want more tech or speed ? Only time will tell. Carvana wants to give me such an amazing trade in though,

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
I'm currently stuck on 2018 white type r or 2023 acura integra aspec w tech 6 speed white. Do I want more tech or speed ? Only time will tell. Carvana wants to give me such an amazing trade in though,
I was split between a Type R (2019) or the Integra as well--have you done a test drive in a Type R? The 2017-2019 CTR's are more prone to overheating than the 2020+, but they have the benefit of more leather and less alcantara at the touchpoints inside. If Honda's LKAS is important to you (super handy on the highway), I believe 2020+ are the only models with it, so you're stuck with alcantara unless you swap it out. The Type R infotainment 2017-2021 is also lacking in general (outdated, laggy, etc.). From a tech perspective, the Integra 6MT and CTR are on different planets.

The styling of the fk8 CTR is... uh... aggressive? It's a lot to take in. I was considering one in black, and it's a little more forgiving with all the plastic bits. In white, all of the matte black plastic REALLY stands out. I also don't care for the Performance White, myself. It's a little warmer

As for performance.... the CTR is pretty much one of a kind. The Integra has more than enough power for everyday use, but the CTR is track-ready right off the dealer lot. For me, I felt the CTR was almost challenging me to drive aggressively (aka recklessly), which isn't going to make my wife too happy. I've also heard CTR owners complain that they're regularly being challenged by other drivers to show what the car can do. Alex with Fitment Industries said "if a mohawk were a car, it would be a Civic Type R", and it's dead-on. There's no blending in, at least with a fk8.

I have a White/Red 6MT Integra sitting in the garage, and I'm very pleased with my purchase. I was able to get it at MSRP, and it made a lot of sense for the reasons above, but also financially. From what I've been able to gather, any Civic Type R worth buying, in my opinion (single owner, low mileage, etc) is priced at $44,000+. These are 2+ year old used cars (not Certified) selling for well above what they sold for new, and it's largely because of the overheated used market. If I were in your position, and I was set on a Type R, I'd start calling dealerships to reserve a 2023 CTR for as close to MSRP as possible. I have no doubts that brand new CTR's will be available (at least for a short period of time) for less money than today's 2017-2021 fk8's.