• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

NeoDiNardo

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Red Honda Civic Type R
After spending a day with the Liquid Carbon Metalic n the sunshine I’m a believer. Not more than red or blue, but as a nice black or a stealth alternative. It plays well off the black and Carbon Fiber bits and sparkles in the sun. And yes a much lower payment vs the TLX Type-S is nice, better gas mileage too, and I got my payment down a bit by putting more down. I got a decent interest rate, no markups or addons really, just mats and wheel locks. I’m a happy camper and I’m in a good spot to trade in for an eventual Integra Type-S or GR Corolla. BTW, I’m already in absolute love with this Panasonic ELS 3D stereo system. It’s audiophile quality. And I have $3000 headphones, and I’m telling you guys the car sounds good. Sometimes the base is a bit too much, but other than that, it just full high end audio clarity. I think I may do the Carbon Fiber Spoiler, CF Mirror Caps, side spoilers, and the Illuminated A-Mark, but I will do the install myself to save money or pay someone else who is more reasonable than Acura’s asscessory install prices.

Last edited:

RB2490

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 wrx, 2015nissan juke nismo, 15 scion frs
After spending a day with the Liquid Carbon Metalic n the sunshine I’m a believer. Not more than red or blue, but as a nice black or a stealth alternative. It plays well off the black and Carbon Fiber bits and sparkles in the sun. And yes a much lower payment vs the TLX Type-S is nice, better gas mileage too, and I got my payment down a bit by putting more down. I got a decent interest rate, no markups or addons really, just mats and wheel locks. I’m a happy camper and I’m in a good spot to trade in for an eventual Integra Type-S or GR Corolla. BTW, I’m already in absolute love with this Panasonic ELS 3D stereo system. It’s audiophile quality. And I have $3000 headphones, and I’m telling you guys the car sounds good. Sometimes the base is a bit too much, but other than that, it just full high end audio clarity. I think I may do the Carbon Fiber Spoiler, CF Mirror Caps, side spoilers, and the Illuminated A-Mark, but I will do the install myself to save money or pay someone else who is more reasonable than Acura’s asscessory install prices.
I keep hearing the sound system is awesome. For me audio system in my car is a big deal. I used to be young and care about 0-60 and all that but now I just want a comfortable car that's fun to drive with good audio system. Also needs to fit the kids and dog. I keep hearing the audio is amazing and it makes me want the car more. Did you have to play around with the audio settings or was it crisp from the jump?

NeoDiNardo

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
bass is too rich, it needs to go down in the built in equalizer just a bit, but yes amazing right away and I am still on tidal with bluetooth. It seems that the usb c does not do the audio just charging. Perhaps it’s a setting.

RB2490

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 wrx, 2015nissan juke nismo, 15 scion frs
bass is too rich, it needs to go down in the built in equalizer just a bit, but yes amazing right away and I am still on tidal with bluetooth. It seems that the usb c does not do the audio just charging. Perhaps it’s a setting.
I like bass but I don't like when it overpowers everything. My Subaru ascent with Harmon audio did that . Just have the volume at 7 sound like your were in the club

Leehro

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT
USB-C port is charge only. You need the USB-A for audio/data.

NeoDiNardo

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The base level isn’t handled bad at all, or like in poor audio cars, but every car housing has a limit on volume and the degree of deep base in your song. I don’t consider a failure of the system, just some equalizer is needed. Or limit it normal volumes. It’s built in too with a bass adjustment so just dial the bass back a notch, good to go. Or not, I have to turn it up to level 22 for it to break up ever so slightly, and that’s way too loud really. I normally like level 16-20. It’s not getto base handling here. When it happens I like wow that’s a lot of sound, that file has dub step or something and I’m listening too loud. I always felt at blame not the hardware. It’s hard to explain, but I didn’t cringe not even once, I just noted it needs to be dialed back a notch for optimization.

addy27190

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus IS250
Hey there. I’m in the market for the integra. Currently have the 2022 civic Si. Does road/cabin noise at highway speeds (75-80 mph) bother you from enjoying the clarity of the audio the ELS system offers. I hear at moderate to low volumes and I’m wondering if the cabin is quiet enough for my taste. Thanks !

NeoDiNardo

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
It’s balanced well, I’m sure not absolute luxjury standards, but good music to highway noise ratio for a humble Honda raised person. A bit better than the current Honda norm, not by much I would wager.

kestryn

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-Spec + Tech / White / Orchid
USB-C port is charge only. You need the USB-A for audio/data.
The bluetooth CarPlay sounds good, but you can see if you appreciate a difference with wired if you just turn off your phone's bluetooth, then plug the phone into the USB-A port in the Integra. Charges faster as well, of course.

Leehro

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT
The bluetooth CarPlay sounds good, but you can see if you appreciate a difference with wired if you just turn off your phone's bluetooth, then plug the phone into the USB-A port in the Integra. Charges faster as well, of course.
oh I know. I turned off Bluetooth in the car so it can’t ever use wireless CarPlay. I need to keep BT on on my phone for my watch and AirPods. And I can keep the CarPlay switch on in iOS settings so that I don’t have to unlock my phone, just plug it in.

As you say, wired has faster charging, better audio, more responsive controls. And best of all, it only connects when I want to. I hated that the car would just automatically connect and start playing something on my phone when I started it.

yeah I have to pull my phone out of my pocket and plug it in, but small price to pay. I even bought a nice red braided lightning cable.

kestryn

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-Spec + Tech / White / Orchid
oh I know. I turned off Bluetooth in the car so it can’t ever use wireless CarPlay. I need to keep BT on on my phone for my watch and AirPods. And I can keep the CarPlay switch on in iOS settings so that I don’t have to unlock my phone, just plug it in.

As you say, wired has faster charging, better audio, more responsive controls. And best of all, it only connects when I want to. I hated that the car would just automatically connect and start playing something on my phone when I started it.

yeah I have to pull my phone out of my pocket and plug it in, but small price to pay. I even bought a nice red braided lightning cable.
Nice, I will try that solution myself - disabling bluetooth on the car-side. :D Thanks!

Leehro

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT
Nice, I will try that solution myself - disabling bluetooth on the car-side. :D Thanks!
yep it’s been great. Only gotcha is if you tap the “Connect to Smartphone” button on the infotainment screen, it turns Bluetooth back on immediately without prompting. So just don’t touch that button.