• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Goodbye Piano Black Center Console

konman795

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Civic Type R, 2023 Integra
Did you just use something like a plastic pry tool around the edges to remove the trim? I've never done anything like it before and worried about breaking it.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Looks great.its on my to do list for sure but I have never wrapped anything. Also there are so many vinyl choices

OP
OP

Krak3rjak3r

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sonata
Did you just use something like a plastic pry tool around the edges to remove the trim? I've never done anything like it before and worried about breaking it.

Yep, start at the bottom and work your way forward. Took me a long time to realize that the boot doesn't slip down, instead it unclips on the bottom from the trim and you have to wiggle the trim up around it to remove.

There are three connectors for the various components that need to be disconnected, and then six Phillips head screws to remove the components from the trim once you have it out.

kvr

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6mt
Looks so much better. I want what you did.

BKK Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 LCM/Red ASpec Tech 6MT
I guess I'm going to spare myself the agony of trying to wrap it, because I saw on the faceyspace that the Etsy shop AUTOCARIMAGECOM has the carbon fiber console trim piece available to order for both the proper transmission and the slushbox.

Order placed.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
I guess I'm going to spare myself the agony of trying to wrap it, because I saw on the faceyspace that the Etsy shop AUTOCARIMAGECOM has the carbon fiber console trim piece available to order for both the proper transmission and the slushbox.

Order placed.
It’s just an overlay though. Basically a giant sticker. I was hoping it’d be a full replacement piece.

BKK Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 LCM/Red ASpec Tech 6MT
It’s just an overlay though. Basically a giant sticker. I was hoping it’d be a full replacement piece.
GDI! This is why I shouldn't order things on my phone while I'm at work. Oh well, it's only money. I guess I'll see how it works/looks and if I don't like it, I can try to pass it on or bin it.

kestryn

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-Spec + Tech / White / Orchid
I am going to do this mod this weekend - the glare from that center console is super annoying, not to mention the fingerprints. I got my vinyl, watched some youtube videos, maybe practice on the cat or something before I actually do the trim piece. :D

PoundForPound

First Name
Engineering,PhD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Integra A-Spec, 14 Honda CR-Z, 04 RSX
I just got my Integra A-spec with tech pkg and I am super happy with it. Already de-badged it and now I need to wrap that center console. TS, would you mind sharing any more pics and tips about your experience doing this?

Integra94

First Name
BOB
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1980 Honda Civic,1994 Integra, 2003 S2000
I did this the other day using the matte black vinyl suggested earlier in the thread. Mine wa a 6 speed manual. Work carefully from the back to pop up the 8 clips. Once that is up, I took out the 6 screws holding in the buttons and shifter. Didn't need to undo the connector. Worked out fine.

Vinclm29

First Name
Vinny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra
GDI! This is why I shouldn't order things on my phone while I'm at work. Oh well, it's only money. I guess I'll see how it works/looks and if I don't like it, I can try to pass it on or bin it.
I ordered it before I saw this post. I was really skeptical about it, but after I got it and put it on. I think it looks pretty good
20221028_131201_06.jpg

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I ordered it before I saw this post. I was really skeptical about it, but after I got it and put it on. I think it looks pretty good
20221028_131201_06.jpg
Link please