• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Outback’s a midsize so it needs one.
And I don’t know why but subaru’s been pretty generous about that particular feature. WRX is the only sport compact with struts that I can think of.
I think anything premium should come with hood struts and that includes Integra.
I think if they market the car as sporty/performance they should include flat bottom steering. I think at least for Type S it should be included.
Flat bottom wheels are gimmicky. The integra doesn’t have a tight little drivers box and a wheel that doesn’t move. Y’all realize that why they started right? To have leg room on a tight super car who’s wheel doesn’t move up or down.

The hood struts, I added them to my mustang as well. It’s cool to have and convenient. But the integra hood is aluminum. So I don’t think it’s necessary being so light. But if you want them plenty of companies make them for around $100.

Hondabob

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Si
Flat bottom wheels are gimmicky. The integra doesn’t have a tight little drivers box and a wheel that doesn’t move. Y’all realize that why they started right? To have leg room on a tight super car who’s wheel doesn’t move up or down.
I was hoping for the flat bottomed steering wheel mainly because it would have probably resembled the TLX a spec wheel in material and design, which was the most comfortable steering wheel I’ve ever tried tbh lol

Greyscale

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Accord, 2007 Accord, 1995 Miata
Count me in the camp that finds flat bottom wheels as gimmicky. How do they help performance? They don't. In a tiny race car they may allow room for legs. Tesla took it way to far with that stupid yoke.

IntegraAgain

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
5th Gen 2023 Integra A-Spec 6MT - PWP
I was hoping for the flat bottomed steering wheel mainly because it would have probably resembled the TLX a spec wheel in material and design, which was the most comfortable steering wheel I’ve ever tried tbh lol
I'll look forward to a time in the future where (tasteful) mods like a TLX A Spec steering wheel swap, hood strut install, and de-badging tutorials will be part of the new 5th Gen Integra owner enthusiast community. This was one of my favorite aspects of the 2nd Gen Integra community.

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18 CTR(Sold), 19 TLX, 21 Veloster N(sold)
The hood struts, I added them to my mustang as well. It’s cool to have and convenient. But the integra hood is aluminum. So I don’t think it’s necessary being so light. But if you want them plenty of companies make them for around $100.
I just don't think holding the hood while reaching for the prop is a luxury experience. Single gas strut would've been enough.
Tbh I personally don't mind a hood prop, but I think it's another example that shows Acura's not 100% sure what this vehicle is.

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18 CTR(Sold), 19 TLX, 21 Veloster N(sold)
Count me in the camp that finds flat bottom wheels as gimmicky. How do they help performance? They don't. In a tiny race car they may allow room for legs. Tesla took it way to far with that stupid yoke.
I think flat bottom wheels look cool, but I agree they are not really functional.
BMW is one of the brands that don't use flat bottom wheels. In fact, I heard one of the very first things Albert Biermann did at Hyundai was getting rid of the flat bottom wheels. They were putting them on Ioniqs lol that must have triggered him.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Exactly. Has anyone wishing for one ever used a flat bottom? Making turns and grabbing the flat part during rotation, or a corner, feels weird af. Not to mention when you let the wheel unwind after a turn.