• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Engine Bay Rattle

lnf

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lunar Silver, 6MT Integra
Hey all!

I received my Integra 6MT this past Monday and have been loving it! I notice when decelerating, there's a rattling sound that almost sounds like a clutch throwout bearing going bad. When pushing in the clutch, it seems to subdue the noise as well.

Has anyone experienced an issue like this yet?

IMG_2127.jpeg

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
Sounds new to me. See if you can capture the sound and conditions in a video.

Tony503

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Mazda3 Turbo, 13 FR-S, 03 RSX Type S
If thereā€™s a rattle when the clutch is engaged (ie. pedal up, whether itā€™s in gear or neutral) and it goes away when you push down on the clutch pedal, itā€™s likely the input shaft bearing going bad. Would not expect that on a brand new car, so likely a factory defect. Iā€™d take it to Acura ASAP and drive it as little as possible because if that bearing falls apart, youā€™ll probably need a new MT.

Reactions: lnf

ItsGizzman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT, 2004 MX-5 Miata
Is it a super high pitched buzz/jingle/whine? Iā€™ve noticed the ā€˜23 Integra has the same turbo wastegate sound that the FK8 CTR and 11th gen Si have (and apparently some Accords).

Basically when you have the windows down and are decelerating you can sometimes hear a faint rattle/whine/metallic jingle. Itā€™s normal but annoying.

Last edited:
OP
OP
lnf

lnf

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
If thereā€™s a rattle when the clutch is engaged (ie. pedal up, whether itā€™s in gear or neutral) and it goes away when you push down on the clutch pedal, itā€™s likely the input shaft bearing going bad. Would not expect that on a brand new car, so likely a factory defect. Iā€™d take it to Acura ASAP and drive it as little as possible because if that bearing falls apart, youā€™ll probably need a new MT.
Trying to work with my dealership to get it in. They have told me, ā€œitā€™s going to take some time, due to the holiday.ā€

OP
OP
lnf

lnf

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Is it a super high pitched buzz/jingle/ whine? Iā€™ve noticed the ā€˜23 Integra has the same turbo wastegate sound that the FK8 CTR and 11th gen Si have (and apparently some accords).

Basically when you have the windows down and are decelerating you can sometimes hear a faint rattle/whine/metallic jingle. Itā€™s normal but annoying.
Metallic jingle sounds about right. Sounds just like a metal washer under a nut vibrating and rattling.

OP
OP
lnf

lnf

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Is it a super high pitched buzz/jingle/ whine? Iā€™ve noticed the ā€˜23 Integra has the same turbo wastegate sound that the FK8 CTR and 11th gen Si have (and apparently some accords).

Just did some research and found a couple of videos. Yup, itā€™s definitely the noise. I still need to take it in due to some issues with parking sensors, maybe theyā€™ll have some sort of workaroundā€¦ but doesnā€™t look too promising.

ItsGizzman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT, 2004 MX-5 Miata
Yeah you can see in some of those past discussions people have tried a few things. I guess it's just something we'll have to sort of get used to with modern Honda turbos.

Either way, that's likely all that is. Bummer you're having an issue with sensors.