• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Door Visors Question 🤔

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Just picked up my 2024 ITS with some dealer accessories and I'm confused about these door visors. They have a few bumps / screws that aren't secure (if I reach inside the visor I can push them out).

I don't understand the purpose of this if anyone can explain? Posting some pics here as well.

PXL_20231205_193745903.jpg

PXL_20231205_193752032.jpg

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra
They’re secured to a bracket that’s shoved in between the weather sealing. So it’s 3m tape + those little push pins. So if the tape fails they just don’t go flying off they’re still secured by the bracket. They aren’t screwed in or anything they’re push pins. You just push the pin into the bracket and the lock tabs on the pin secure it. If you push it outwards and the pin pops off completely then you need a new push pin (aka take it to the dealer if they installed it, part of the warranty). Otherwise some play on the pin is fine as long as it doesn’t come off/out completely.

OP
OP
TemporarilyStairs
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I always found them useful even in sunny CA lol. Had them installed on my 10th gen civic and now on my integra
Same here! They were on my 10th gen Civic Si and I really liked how they looked and the extra privacy/sun protection (I'm in Texas) they provided. Look great on the ITS too just weird seeing these bumps but I realized it was part of the design.

OP
OP
TemporarilyStairs
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I guess I'm still confused because on the inside of the visor they aren't secured to anything, they are just floating.

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra
I guess I'm still confused because on the inside of the visor they aren't secured to anything, they are just floating.
Push pins should be pushed into the brackets (like in the picture), they’re thin and like less than an inch wide. If there’s no bracket installed than the dealer never used it, in which case I would take it back and have it done correctly
IMG_0689.jpeg

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra
Now I’m curious, at your dealer during purchase was the accessories an option or was it “optional” (where they force it on you). My only logical explanation I can think of to not include the bracket in case the purchaser declines the accessories and can be removed easily. Those push pins are kind of a pain in the ass to remove, 3m tape although messy. Can be removed without harm

OP
OP
TemporarilyStairs
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Ah so they are the clips (8). They are just floating.. I requested this accessory it wasn't something they included with the car actually. But how they are kinda loose and floating just doesn't seem right. I'll have to bring it back at some point and see what's up.

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
They should be connected to the brackets, which in turn go behind the rubber window trim. They shouldn't be too "floaty" unless they did not put the brackets in when installing.

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
are they making a come back?.....window visors were big in the 90
Definitely getting them as one of three dealer accessories for my ITS.
I want the heated steering wheel, the splash guards and door visors.

I like them for the days when it is misting or even raining and muggy out and you want to crack the window for some air or to let your vape or 420 smoke escape the car while driving, I find door visors keep you dry while giving you the air you need.