• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Door/panel alignment

OEMjoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Integra, 99 Audi A4
So a few of my doors are off and a passenger fender is raised slightly. When I press the door down with my hand it will sit flush. I went to one dealer in So Cal and service guy mentioned it's pretty common, his RDX was like that and then he took photos to forward it to a body shop but I couldn't get an appointment in before I left the area.

I'm back in the Bay Area now and the other dealer I usually go to is giving me Acura "fit and finish" and there is nothing they can do. He escalated to his manager for my next appointment but he is saying they will have the same response.

It just seems odd to me, is it not so straightforward to adjust a few doors? This is a new situation for me.

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
So a few of my doors are off and a passenger fender is raised slightly. When I press the door down with my hand it will sit flush. I went to one dealer in So Cal and service guy mentioned it's pretty common, his RDX was like that and then he took photos to forward it to a body shop but I couldn't get an appointment in before I left the area.

I'm back in the Bay Area now and the other dealer I usually go to is giving me Acura "fit and finish" and there is nothing they can do. He escalated to his manager for my next appointment but he is saying they will have the same response.

It just seems odd to me, is it not so straightforward to adjust a few doors? This is a new situation for me.
Hmm it does seem like an adjustment is all it would take, but having not owned one first hand, I don't really know.