• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Dash Cam Hardwire?

Godsmack720

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Tacoma
I'm setting a dash cam up soon and going to try and hook up to the autodimming mirror. There's a piece you can buy where you convert the plug from the auto dimming to a usb so you don't have to run a long wire
Curious what the result of this effort was. Were you able to get it installed by using the dongar adapter?

RB2490

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 wrx, 2015nissan juke nismo, 15 scion frs
Curious what the result of this effort was. Were you able to get it installed by using the dongar adapter?
Hopefully by tomorrow or Monday I'll have a install video. Hopefully it's the right plug size
Screenshot_20221029-074303_Amazon Shopping.jpg

DaNuKidd

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-spec tech
Thanks for this info just hardwired my dashcam today.
Pretty straight forward if you buy a fuse tap (so you're not overloading or putting another system at risk), just need to plug it in an always on source or a source that's on after start depending on your preference, or both if your dashcam requires it.

Fuse info can be found here https://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/pubs/OM/AH/B3S52323IOM/enu/details/131236047-16249.html

Door Lock (fuse 10) will be always on
ACC (fuse 45) will be on when running/in accessory
Ground would use whatever ground bolt is close to the panel
This is a fuse tap. Use these otherwise you risk overloading the circuit you tap into.

VTEC4ME

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra 6MT
Figured it out. Got me a circuit tester. If you installed the 2023 Accord Homelink Mirror like I did and used Fuse 18 as part of the harness installation as outlined in the instructions, you can use that for your Constant. Even if you didnt install the mirror, Fuse 18 can be used for your constant. Tested with the circuit tester and confirmed it has constant power to be used for Parking Mode.

Fuse 18 (15A) can be tapped for Constant power
Fuse 45 (10A) can be tapped for ACC

Car00071

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
What type of fuse size does the integra use?
I just did this install yesterday, I used the heated seat fuse as a constant power and the ACC fuse as the accessories fuse. I used a low profile mini fuse tap as the integra comes with low profile mini fuses. The ground bolt is located slightly to the left and up behind the fuse box. I loosened it with a wrench and slid in my viofo a129 hardwire kit ground and tightened it back down.

IMG_3809.jpeg

af3ll

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra
Any updates? How do you like the dash cam?
I knew I was going to forget to post…

So far so good. You can’t tell it’s there and the video is really good on it. Thankfully I haven’t needed to use it for anything but it’s nice to have it just in case.

KindaACarGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S (ABP/Black) ; Tacoma TRD
I just did this install yesterday, I used the heated seat fuse as a constant power and the ACC fuse as the accessories fuse. I used a low profile mini fuse tap as the integra comes with low profile mini fuses. The ground bolt is located slightly to the left and up behind the fuse box. I loosened it with a wrench and slid in my viofo a129 hardwire kit ground and tightened it back down.

IMG_3809.jpeg
Did you pull off the trim from the A pilar or just tuck the wire in?

Car00071

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Did you pull off the trim from the A pilar or just tuck the wire in?
So my dashcam is on the passenger side so it may differ if you have fitcam.

1. I have it running down the passenger a pillar (I did not take off the a pillar but I pulled back the weather stripping which gave enough room to tuck behind it)
  2. I popped off the leather trim above the glovebox and tucked it into there
  3. I tucked it into the crevices between the USB port area and then down reaching the fuse box.

I tucked it in everywhere so you can’t really see it except from the fuse panel area. I also used some wire guide that attaches with tape that came with the viofo kit near the pedal area.