• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Dash Cam Hardwire?

Krak3rjak3r

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sonata
Have any of you hardwired a dash cam? Looking to install a dual camera (front/rear) but hoping someone with experience could let me know what I'm in for.

iLLNESS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra Elite A-Spec
Pretty straight forward if you buy a fuse tap (so you're not overloading or putting another system at risk), just need to plug it in an always on source or a source that's on after start depending on your preference, or both if your dashcam requires it.

Fuse info can be found here https://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/pubs/OM/AH/B3S52323IOM/enu/details/131236047-16249.html

Door Lock (fuse 10) will be always on
ACC (fuse 45) will be on when running/in accessory
Ground would use whatever ground bolt is close to the panel
This is a fuse tap. Use these otherwise you risk overloading the circuit you tap into.

RB2490

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 wrx, 2015nissan juke nismo, 15 scion frs
I'm setting a dash cam up soon and going to try and hook up to the autodimming mirror. There's a piece you can buy where you convert the plug from the auto dimming to a usb so you don't have to run a long wire

OP
OP

Krak3rjak3r

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sonata
I'm setting a dash cam up soon and going to try and hook up to the autodimming mirror. There's a piece you can buy where you convert the plug from the auto dimming to a usb so you don't have to run a long wire

If you figure that out come back here and let me know lol.

RB2490

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'm going to check it out today. My dad has it on his subaru. I think it's called dongar adapter . I have to check how many pins our auto dimming mirror has
Yep. Dad has it on his subaru and got a really short usb cord and it works perfectly for his radar and dash cam. Makes it easier to install and you don't have to run wiring around the car.

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan MSM
I'm going to check it out today. My dad has it on his subaru. I think it's called dongar adapter . I have to check how many pins our auto dimming mirror has

Yep. Dad has it on his subaru and got a really short usb cord and it works perfectly for his radar and dash cam. Makes it easier to install and you don't have to run wiring around the car.
The real question is when are manufacturers going to wake up and build dash cams into cars like Tesla does.

RB2490

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The real question is when are manufacturers going to wake up and build dash cams into cars like Tesla does.
I agree. I'm surprised this isn't an option

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan MSM
I agree. I'm surprised this isn't an option
It’s unfortunate Acura didn’t see the opportunity to standout in the crowd here.

One more camera in the front pod above the mirror, plus SD slot, and some logic and they’ve innovated ICE cars.

Palut

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra
I hardwired my radar detector last week. Add-a-fuse in the fuse box, wire running up the A-pillar and headliner to the detector mounted near the mirror. It was actually quite easy to do. The hardest part was getting the damn airbag clip near the top of the A-pillar trim back on. I had no documentation to go on at that time, so I didn't learn that it's supposed to be replaced until a few days later when I got the factory service data.

Palut

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra
Can you share that factory service data?
Not really. The manual on the Acura site was a bunch of interlinked web pages. I had a 1 day subscription and printed some items to pdf, but it's clumsy at best.

I think many manufacturers are going this way. My 2018 WRX had a nice big pdf manual, well over 1,000 pages, while my sister's 2019 Ascent was laid out the same way as the Integra manual.

It's a format that's awesome to use, if you have access. Unfortunately that access is very expensive.

PJK3

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Liquid Carbon Metallic / Red A-Spec Tech
I hardwired my radar detector today.
Fuse 13 was the only empty one I could find on the interior fuse box that was switched for "On".
I couldn't find any other blanks for ACC-On. All the other blanks I tested were powered at all times. (Admittedly, I tried to check them all, but it is possible I might have missed one.)

I have a 6MT A-Spec Tech,

edddmaster

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
Just curious, what dash cams are you guys using? (Hardwired or not)