• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

CVT Whine

SeanIsElsewhere

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-Spec Tech
Hi all,

so when driving around for a while using the paddles in S where I can control the ‘gears’, I will begin to get this whinnng sound which is prevalent in the cabin but can be heard from outside the car as well. I’ve attached a video where towards the end of the clip you can hear the whine (when I put the phone outside the window and engine brake in ‘S1’ before the right hand turn. You can hear it very slightly as I begin accelerating in ‘s1’ as well and I’ve heard it while accelerating in s1 and s2 before but was most prominent in engine braking this evening, prompting my post.
Is this a sign of a bad transmission or simply a CVT fluid replacement is in order? I’m at 28k miles and for the last two summers had driven quite a bit in ‘S mode’ using the paddles. I don’t beat on the car but also don’t drive like a (average) grandma.
Any insight is appreciated! This is my first CVt

EDIT: it wont let me upload the clip. Any ideas based on my description or any CVT stories from folks present or past would be appreciated to the max

Last edited:

Ap2Iven

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda s2000 / 10th Gen Civic
This wine just started to be noticeable to me , I have a Cvt with a down pipe/Front pipe, intake and tune and just hit 15000 miles… I’ll change the fluid again and see if the noise goes away or not, not sure if I should be worried for this noise.

OP
OP
SeanIsElsewhere

SeanIsElsewhere

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-Spec Tech
This wine just started to be noticeable to me , I have a Cvt with a down pipe/Front pipe, intake and tune and just hit 15000 miles… I’ll change the fluid again and see if the noise goes away or not, not sure if I should be worried for this noise.
You are tuned as well, right? Is it most noticeable when ‘downshifting’ with the paddles? Def report back; interested to see if it goes away for you as well