• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

CTR Suspension Tuning for the Type S?

Sphinx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Miata
I find it a bit silly that both cars don't have the same damper programing choices (I'm assuming that the springs & dampers are the same). So, I'm wondering what would be involved in getting the track settings onto the Type S for those of us who plan to track the car.

I'm also presuming that the comfort and sport settings are the same, with the only differences being the Sport+ v. R+.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I find it a bit silly that both cars don't have the same damper programing choices (I'm assuming that the springs & dampers are the same). So, I'm wondering what would be involved in getting the track settings onto the Type S for those of us who plan to track the car.

I'm also presuming that the comfort and sport settings are the same, with the only differences being the Sport+ v. R+.
If it's like the 10th gen CTR and LE version you could purchase the LE's ADS to change the dampening programming. I'm sure someone will try the same on the FL5 and ITS.

OP
OP

Sphinx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Miata
You
If it's like the 10th gen CTR and LE version you could purchase the LE's ADS to change the dampening programming. I'm sure someone will try the same on the FL5 and ITS.

Wow. Looks like it was plug and play. Hopefully, it will work the same way on the ITS.

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S (LCM)
So lots of conflicting info out there right now, most articles state they have the same suspension, others say front springs are much softer on the DE5. Looking at the part numbers, looks like the dampers and front springs are the same, but rear springs are different. Unless I read it wrong.

VtecBuddy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru
So lots of conflicting info out there right now, most articles state they have the same suspension, others say front springs are much softer on the DE5. Looking at the part numbers, looks like the dampers and front springs are the same, but rear springs are different. Unless I read it wrong.
Any info on how the rear springs are different? Softer or firmer? I assume softer since folks have been saying the ITS doesn't lift-off oversteer quite as much.

TeggyTypeS

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S LCM/Red
You can swap the FL5 module into the ITS. The FL5 guys are already swapping the ITS module into the FL5 and it works.

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Any info on how the rear springs are different? Softer or firmer? I assume softer since folks have been saying the ITS doesn't lift-off oversteer quite as much.
Nothing I have seen officially, assumption is that they are softer though. Also, for some reason it shows 2 sets of front springs for the CTR, one is the same as ITS, one is NOT.

1689612835867.png

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Nothing I have seen officially, assumption is that they are softer though. Also, for some reason it shows 2 sets of front springs for the CTR, one is the same as ITS, one is NOT.

1689612835867.png
I saw that. Wonder if they generated a Acura Part Number for the Honda CTR spring.

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
This is the one big disadvantage to the DE5, I don't know how much specific support it will get in the aftermarket. As it's NA only, a lot of the Japanese tuners will likely skip it. Also, people should be careful when swapping in FL5 aftermarket springs without the FL5 ADS as anything aggressive will be setup for the FL5 valving. Probably fine on progressives, maybe not so much on linear.

Hmm, going softer in the back , would line up with many options having linear front and progressive rears though.

VtecBuddy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru

1689612835867.png
Maybe just the same part manufactured in different places? Or is it the Nurburgring special FL5 vs the regular FL5 spring?

raisedhaze

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DA1 Integra, Civic SI, S30, Duramax
This is the one big disadvantage to the DE5, I don't know how much specific support it will get in the aftermarket. As it's NA only, a lot of the Japanese tuners will likely skip it. Also, people should be careful when swapping in FL5 aftermarket springs without the FL5 ADS as anything aggressive will be setup for the FL5 valving. Probably fine on progressives, maybe not so much on linear.

Hmm, going softer in the back , would line up with many options having linear front and progressive rears though.
Time will tell, but I bet that people will still modify the Type S and the market is about the same size globally with ~4000 units of each. Hopefully we are not overlooked, but I know the longer warranty could delay some people from pulling the trigger on modifying.

TeggyTypeS

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S LCM/Red
I mean pretty much anything engine, exhaust, suspension, brakes and wheels will swap between the two cars. So you might not get the Japanese aero kits or other cosmetic exterior bits but somebody will make stuff for the ITS.

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I mean pretty much anything engine, exhaust, suspension, brakes and wheels will swap between the two cars. So you might not get the Japanese aero kits or other cosmetic exterior bits but somebody will make stuff for the ITS.
I meant more specific to the DE5 and maintaining "it's character." I went with what was considered "OEM+" springs on my current car and HATE IT. Short wheel base + stiffer springs ruined it as a DD. It did perform better on the track (mostly the RSB) but it wasn't worth no longer having a true comfort modes (plus let's be honest, family's constant complaints, LOL.) I would love to drop the DE5 a bit, but don't want to buy FL5 springs setup for FL5 shock tuning and I don't trust forum reviewers anymore on if ride quality is compromised. In my area, spring swap and alignment is almost $1K, plus price of springs, so probably not gonna take a chance on it. I am contemplating getting the FL5 ADS for track/Auto-X days, but that's something I can swap back and forth easily myself.

The other thing I was thinking about was tune. Will be interesting to see what tuners do to the DE5 crackle overrun. Maybe they will add it to the FL5, or maybe they won't bother and just stick with a single tune for both motors. As a note, I do NOT like standard crackle tunes, but the DE5 is subtle enough that it is a little fun without being obnoxious.

Audio79

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra 99
There is two type s in Japan I just hope honda/acura let spoon make some parts

jmoncer

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'95 300ZX TT, '13 Frontier, '24 Integra Type S
I'm not a fan of the crackle. . .its fun for about, oh wait, its over. On my individual settings I have exhaust set to Sport and everything else to Sport+. I want my exhaust to sound good, not gimmicky.