• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Brake hold

MLowe05

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 G70 Sport 6MT
So you have to turn on brake hold each time you start the car? Nissan and Ford leave it on once you turn it on. Bummer.

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
So you have to turn on brake hold each time you start the car? Nissan and Ford leave it on once you turn it on. Bummer.
I’m fine with it defaulting to Off. It’s a new behavior that’ll throw people off if they’re expecting a normal driving experience.

I use Brake Hold a lot in areas with moderate-to-zero traffic and lots of stoplights. It’s great when you’re waiting at a long light. It’s just a convenience, though.

In crowded, low-speed, stop-and-go traffic, it’s a hazard. Like someone else said, if you’re creeping along and happen to slow below its threshold, it’ll stop the car before you want it to. It’s not dangerous — nobody’s going to die because the car suddenly braked from 0.2 mph to a dead stop — but it’s annoying. And then you need to prod the throttle again to disengage it, and the car does a little lurch forward.

Hill Start Assist is a different thing, and I think it’s always enabled (or you can toggle it in system settings instead of a hardware button). It’ll keep you from rolling backwards after letting off the brake pedal.