• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Acura - share real photos of the exterior colors before reservation, please!!

Grelco

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S
The paint could be different as they're made in different places and it's possible the mixes were not quite the same. But I suspect it's probably mostly the geometry as that color is very deep and angle dependent. But I agree there are press videos that look completely unrealistic, some of those official Acura videos have influencer-tier filters on them.

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S (LCM)
Will just need to load that filter on to my phone :) I am just hoping the extra width flattens out some of the Angles and gets that slightly deeper look, but probably just wishful thinking. Too bad no one makes a slightly tinted PPF...

Estoril

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Chevy SS, 4runner
Will just need to load that filter on to my phone :) I am just hoping the extra width flattens out some of the Angles and gets that slightly deeper look, but probably just wishful thinking. Too bad no one makes a slightly tinted PPF...
They actually do make tinted PPF its just extremely expensive and won't look that great unless you're doing it on a black car

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS
They actually do make tinted PPF its just extremely expensive and won't look that great unless you're doing it on a black car
Are you talking about Xpel Stealth? That's not tinted per se but is translucent and adds a matte effect to gloss paint... but I have to ask because I can't imagine why anyone would want a tinted film on a black car unless it was Stealth.

It is expensive, but I had my Macan done in Xpel Stealth and it is stunning in person.

1685069133634.jpeg

I've also seen it on other color cars and it also looks amazing.

Maybe we're talking about different things, I haven't heard of clear-but-tinted PPF. I think there might be a market for that if executed well though...

Estoril

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Chevy SS, 4runner
Are you talking about Xpel Stealth? That's not tinted per se but is translucent and adds a matte effect to gloss paint... but I have to ask because I can't imagine why anyone would want a tinted film on a black car unless it was Stealth.

It is expensive, but I had my Macan done in Xpel Stealth and it is stunning in person.

1685069133634.jpeg

I've also seen it on other color cars and it also looks amazing.

Maybe we're talking about different things, I haven't heard of clear-but-tinted PPF. I think there might be a market for that if executed well though...
Ah perhaps I misunderstood, you're thinking still clear but with a hint of tint to darken the current color? Stek has colored PPF for a complete color change and , actually now that I think about it, I think they have varying level of "smoke" PPFs that are meant to darken your headlights. Wonder if anyone's put that on the entire car? We need a volunteer.

If you're doing a full color change the benefit of having a black car is that the gaps, hood, door jams etc won't be as noticeable as a bright color. There's a gentleman on YT that wrapped his FL5 in a dark green and I'm in love with the color but can't source the wrap