• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

nerfrevolver

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Funny how it seems like the most vocal people in these threads are the ones who have already committed to not buying one. Seems like a lot of people trying to just pat themselves on the back for bEInG FiSCaLly reSpOnSibLE.

I joined this forum simply hoping to keep up with the latest info related to the car and its release, but like basically every other automotive forum, it's devolved into abit of a pile. We now just have fairly vocal monitory complaining and seemingly trying to convince not only others, but themselves as well, that they made the "right" decision. But, just like everything else in life, what makes sense for one may not make sense for another.

But hey, it's the internet. We can't just let people enjoy things. We have to make sure our point is the CORRECT ONE! ANY OTHER CHOICE IS BASED IN IGNORANCE OR PLAIN STUPIDITY!

The flow of useful information has effectively ceased (mostly Acura's fault for keeping everyone in the dark), but at this point it's like five dudes just circle jerking about how much of a waste the car is. I totally understand and support vocalizing your opinion, but we can also allow people to just enjoy things without actively trying to take a dump on them.

Well said. Already added the people harping over the same woe that the car is a few grand over what they want, or that it doesn't have benign features like enough USB ports to ignore list. They are obviously not going to buy the car and have nothing else to add. Perhaps it's due to people who would usually have TLX-S and current Integra in their considerations. I can't empathize with folks saying the ITS is a weekend car or the CTR is some sort of collectors special car. It's a perfect fun daily. Acura got me looking at this car solely due to the engine and the drivetrain in a 4 door body. Golf R MK8.5 is a distant second because I can't stand the shifter in VWs and they will be marked up as well. 52k is my limit and will buy one if I can get my hands on one for MSRP.

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2008 S2000, 2013 Civic Si Sedan
Funny how it seems like the most vocal people in these threads are the ones who have already committed to not buying one. Seems like a lot of people trying to just pat themselves on the back for bEInG FiSCaLly reSpOnSibLE.

I joined this forum simply hoping to keep up with the latest info related to the car and its release, but like basically every other automotive forum, it's devolved into abit of a pile. We now just have fairly vocal monitory complaining and seemingly trying to convince not only others, but themselves as well, that they made the "right" decision. But, just like everything else in life, what makes sense for one may not make sense for another.

But hey, it's the internet. We can't just let people enjoy things. We have to make sure our point is the CORRECT ONE! ANY OTHER CHOICE IS BASED IN IGNORANCE OR PLAIN STUPIDITY!

The flow of useful information has effectively ceased (mostly Acura's fault for keeping everyone in the dark), but at this point it's like five dudes just circle jerking about how much of a waste the car is. I totally understand and support vocalizing your opinion, but we can also allow people to just enjoy things without actively trying to take a dump on them.

Take Donks for instance. They're ridiculous, expensive, and horribly impractical. But I still smile every time I see one and I'm happy for the person who clearly put time and/or money into something they enjoy. There's really no need to run up to them and tell them how dumb their car is and how they wasted all that money, because to them it isn't a waste.

Now somebody come kick me in the shin so I can fall disgracefully off this soapbox.
Well said. Already added the people harping over the same woe that the car is a few grand over what they want, or that it doesn't have benign features like enough USB ports to ignore list. They are obviously not going to buy the car and have nothing else to add. Perhaps it's due to people who would usually have TLX-S and current Integra in their considerations. I can't empathize with folks saying the ITS is a weekend car or the CTR is some sort of collectors special car. It's a perfect fun daily. Acura got me looking at this car solely due to the engine and the drivetrain in a 4 door body. Golf R MK8.5 is a distant second because I can't stand the shifter in VWs and they will be marked up as well. 52k is my limit and will buy one if I can get my hands on one for MSRP.
You guys hit the nail on the coffin. I feel the same way. The ITS being a few grand more than what everyone expecting isn't stopping me from getting one. The car will be awesome from looks alone. It's going to be fantastic especially with all the shared type r components. Sure everyone is talking about other cars they would rather have in terms of feature, power, etc. But I would love to see how long those will last compared to the Acura. Hopefully we see some informative posts instead of people rambling on how they will not get the car because of the price (over and over again).

infiniteraiders

First Name
Taji
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
‘19 Civic Type R
I'm really going to try to get a deposit down during pre-order tomorrow. But I'm also not the biggest fan of the color variations they are going to be offering. I really want the Liquid Carbon but not really feeling the red interior. Apex Blue is also nice but I've been anti-white interior since the wife was looking into her Model Y. Also she's not a fan of the Tiger Eye. That leaves Black on Black.

Has Acura stated how many years of production the ITS will get? If it's at least 2-3, I might hold off and try to get one for MSRP later with the color combination I actually want. Additionally there might be future refreshes.

Hicks2seven

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Tacoma, 2021 CTR
I'm really going to try to get a deposit down during pre-order tomorrow. But I'm also not the biggest fan of the color variations they are going to be offering. I really want the Liquid Carbon but not really feeling the red interior. Apex Blue is also nice but I've been anti-white interior since the wife was looking into her Model Y. Also she's not a fan of the Tiger Eye. That leaves Black on Black.

Has Acura stated how many years of production the ITS will get? If it's at least 2-3, I might hold off and try to get one for MSRP later with the color combination I actually want. Additionally there might be future refreshes.
I would strongly discourage paying full price for a color option that is not your first choice. These cars will be readily available within months throughout the country.

infiniteraiders

First Name
Taji
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
‘19 Civic Type R
I would strongly discourage paying full price for a color option that is not your first choice. These cars will be readily available within months throughout the country.
Are all color options going to be available? The lure for the first 200 is that my sales rep told me MSRP if you get an online allotment.

infiniteraiders

First Name
Taji
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
‘19 Civic Type R
No…

Liquid carbon/red, tiger eye/black, blue/orchid, black/black
I know it's only those 4 for pre-order. I meant afterwards.. other guy said "These cars will be readily available within months throughout the country."

But my initial and main question was how many years of production can we expect?

raisedhaze

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DA1 Integra, Civic SI, S30, Duramax
Does anyone know the production order for the first runs of the Integra Type S?
For instance: Acura produced the black exterior first, followed by blue, then TEP, then white, red, etc.

optronix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S, 2023 Macan GTS

Take Donks for instance. They're ridiculous, expensive, and horribly impractical. But I still smile every time I see one and I'm happy for the person who clearly put time and/or money into something they enjoy. There's really no need to run up to them and tell them how dumb their car is and how they wasted all that money, because to them it isn't a waste.

Now somebody come kick me in the shin so I can fall disgracefully off this soapbox.
shia-labeouf-clapping.gif

Now tell me about your RB-powered 240 plz...

🤤🤤🤤🤤

ijm5012

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
Today's the day! Looking forward to hearing people's experiences on how the pre-order process goes.

mattaleo

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Civic Si
Today's the day! Looking forward to hearing people's experiences on how the pre-order process goes.
Looking forward to hearing as well, even though I'm in Canada. Have my deposit down on a black or LCM for end of June. Wonder why they do this online lottery thing for you guys.

TomK

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Type R
Looking forward to hearing as well, even though I'm in Canada. Have my deposit down on a black or LCM for end of June. Wonder why they do this online lottery thing for you guys.
Hype probably

ijm5012

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
No idea why they do the lottery honestly.

If they have 200 cars in the initial batch, why not just allocate them to their higher volume/better rated dealerships?

It's probably so that they can make some sort of claim about how the car "sold out in __ minutes!".

Hicks2seven

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Tacoma, 2021 CTR
No idea why they do the lottery honestly.

If they have 200 cars in the initial batch, why not just allocate them to their higher volume/better rated dealerships?

It's probably so that they can make some sort of claim about how the car "sold out in __ minutes!".

Couldn't agree more. I'm probably in the minority here - but I see this entire thing as a sales gimmick that will only result in inflated ADM's and dealer add ons for follow on allocations....pretty much a lose/lose for everyone wanting to buy an ITS at MSRP in the coming weeks/months.