• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

MickleNoot

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
(Soon) '24 Integra Type S, '70 RB26-powered 240Z
A little off topic but have you driven an ND Miata? Wondering if clutch/gearbox combo is comparable to these Hondas.
I've owned an NA2, ND1, and ND2, and while they all have excellent shifters, the shifter in the FK8 was just that little bit more fun/engaging to use. They're definitely close, but not quite as satisfying as the shifter provided in the Type R.

NOTLGUY

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
This is my brother and I. He had it on MeisterR coilovers and I can say with confidence that the ND put a smile on my face that the FK8 with its more HP and grip didn’t. I found the Clutch/Gearbox both to be incredibly smooth. Coming from my FK8 to his car though I had to be careful about the clutch since the slightest lift and you’re already at the bite point. We always joked around and called it the Japanese 911. Came stock with BBS wheels and heated Recaro seats too.
39ED8D03-99EF-4EB4-9AD5-0F449806A804.jpeg

86A12D5E-98DF-4156-8621-05328D591C62.jpeg
So basically….ITS + ND2 is the ultimate drivers daily 1-2 punch. I think it’s time for my first Miata.

Rdrcr

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S (Reserved)
I owned a Mazdaspeed Miata and a NC2. Both had amazing shifter and clutch. Think I prefered the shifter in the NB more than the s2000.
I’ve owned 2 NB’s and an ND. IMHO, the S2000 shifter was much better than any of my Miata/MX-5’s (but, clutch felt better in the Miata/MX-5’s). And, even though my S2000 was my favorite car to track, I actually preferred the overall driving experience of my supercharged NB’s over the S2000.

Mike

TeggyTypeS

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S LCM/Red
No telescoping steering wheel in that Honda S2000, and only room to store one Twinkie.
Who needs a twinkie when you are driving that gem? Even without all of the adjustability I was still able to fit in the AP1 at 6'1 280. Never tried an AP2.

NearLeopard

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Integra ASpec/Tech 6MT, 23Mx5 Club Brembo
So basically….ITS + ND2 is the ultimate drivers daily 1-2 punch. I think it’s time for my first Miata.
Can confirm miata plus Integra is great. Heard pricing plus the 10k markup from my local dealer on the ITS and just jumped ship entirely. Got a 23 miata club w/the brembo package. I've never fallen in love with a car so quickly.

My 6MT Integra just hangs out now since I've been driving the miata nonstop lol. When driving, I feel like I am part of the miata in a cockpit and in the Integra I feel like I'm just riding on top of it. It's wild to switch between them.

The Integra clutch and shifter are so light, the experience is much more isolated, and the Rev hang is way more noticeable between the two. I had a 2018 Civic SI before the Integra and thought they only improved the shifter from one that was already great in the 10th gen. Still think its good, but the miata is just a totally different experience imo.

At the end of the day, I love having my fun drop top for sunny day trips, and my quiet, comfy, practical Integra for everything else.

Understeer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GTI
Best part of the miata is the raw driving experience. Everything that makes a car horrible such as NVH is what makes the miata great. As cliche as it sounds, the miata is a gokart with number plates. Its the only car I find an excuse to go for a drive. Great and capable the GTI is, it never really feels happy going fast on the back roads, It will do it but it never feels like it wants to do it while when I drive the miata you always want to drive to the limit.

NeoDiNardo

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Red Honda Civic Type R
I still want an ITS at launch. However, I just realized I’m actually poor. My rent for my new apartment is higher than I’ve ever paid. I have no furniture yet other than a chair, a desk, and a bed on the floor. Food is $100 a bag. Ridiculous. Interest rates are bad right now. I make six figures and I’m still worried about affording an ITS as a single bachelor. However, I’m sure I’ll find a way to afford an ITS eventually, just I am unsure about being an ITS owner during the first wave. I will have to see what my interest rate and financial situation is like at the time of possible purchase. And what my current Integra A-Spec Tech 6MT trade is valued at. I think I would buy a CTR at $44K over an ITS at $52K if I could.

Last edited:

NearLeopard

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Integra ASpec/Tech 6MT, 23Mx5 Club Brembo
I still want an ITS at launch. However, I just realized I’m actually poor. My rent for my new apartment is higher than I’ve ever paid. I have no furniture yet other than a chair, a desk, and a bed on the floor. Food is $100 a bag. Ridiculous. Interest rates are bad right now. I make six figures and I’m still worried about affording an ITS as a single bachelor. However, I’m sure I’ll find a way to afford an ITS eventually, just I am unsure about being an ITS owner during the first wave. I will have to see what my interest rate and financial situation is like at the time of possible purchase. And what my current Integra A-Spec Tech 6MT trade is valued at. I think I would buy a CTR at $44K over an ITS at $52K if I could.
Something something, you can live in a car you can't race a house etc

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Can't drive your house but you can sleep in your car.

MickleNoot

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
(Soon) '24 Integra Type S, '70 RB26-powered 240Z
Funny how it seems like the most vocal people in these threads are the ones who have already committed to not buying one. Seems like a lot of people trying to just pat themselves on the back for bEInG FiSCaLly reSpOnSibLE.

I joined this forum simply hoping to keep up with the latest info related to the car and its release, but like basically every other automotive forum, it's devolved into abit of a pile. We now just have fairly vocal monitory complaining and seemingly trying to convince not only others, but themselves as well, that they made the "right" decision. But, just like everything else in life, what makes sense for one may not make sense for another.

But hey, it's the internet. We can't just let people enjoy things. We have to make sure our point is the CORRECT ONE! ANY OTHER CHOICE IS BASED IN IGNORANCE OR PLAIN STUPIDITY!

The flow of useful information has effectively ceased (mostly Acura's fault for keeping everyone in the dark), but at this point it's like five dudes just circle jerking about how much of a waste the car is. I totally understand and support vocalizing your opinion, but we can also allow people to just enjoy things without actively trying to take a dump on them.

Take Donks for instance. They're ridiculous, expensive, and horribly impractical. But I still smile every time I see one and I'm happy for the person who clearly put time and/or money into something they enjoy. There's really no need to run up to them and tell them how dumb their car is and how they wasted all that money, because to them it isn't a waste.

Now somebody come kick me in the shin so I can fall disgracefully off this soapbox.