• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Unlock phone with HandsFreeLink

Ghs737

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra, 2013 Acura RDX, 2015AcuraTLX
On my other Acura’s my phone will unlock automatically when I start the car and the HandsFreeLink between my phone and car establishes a connection. My Integra does not unlock automatically. If I want to start Android Auto I must first unlock my phone. Is there a setting I missed somewhere that will automatically unlock my phone when I start t
my Integra?

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
On my other Acura’s my phone will unlock automatically when I start the car and the HandsFreeLink between my phone and car establishes a connection. My Integra does not unlock automatically. If I want to start Android Auto I must first unlock my phone. Is there a setting I missed somewhere that will automatically unlock my phone when I start t
my Integra?
I have a Pixel and have a passcode on it. I don't need to touch my phone it instantly connects to the head unit once powered on. The phone stays locked while connected.

Last edited:

Linas19

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda Insight, Subaru Impreza, Subaru Outback
my Integra?
My phone stays locked even if it connects to the vehicle headunit. This behavior is seen for both Mazda and Subaru vehicles.

OP
OP

Ghs737

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I have a Pixel and have a passcode on it. I don't need to touch my phone it instantly connects to the head unit once powered on. The phone stays locked while connected.
Mine is different. I have a Motorola phone, a lower to mid level phone. Android auto will not connect to the car unless I manually unlock the phone. It will sit there forever complaining it can’t connect to the car. When I put in the code to unlock the phone it immediately connects to the car. I am thinking it might be time to upgrade my phone. Even get one with wireless charging.

Decks515

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-spec 6mt
On an Android 11+ the setting should be called "Smart Lock," and is typically on the security menu with the lock options. The car needs to be registered as a trusted device

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Good point. Phones besides the Google Pixels are pretty slow on getting updates. I'm really impressed with the head unit in this car. I just didn't a 600+ mile round trip today and it worked flawless. Stopped about 3 times and it resumed nav each time. No issues with the Android Auto.

Might want to check on the Motorola forum on XDA for help. As always I would recommend a Pixel device for a future phone brand.

OP
OP

Ghs737

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thanks for the feedback. The smart lock feature helps.

Last edited:

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
my Integra?
I did find this option in the Android auto settings..
Screenshot_20220629-070213.png

Decks515

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-spec 6mt
I did find this option in the Android auto settings..
Screenshot_20220629-070213.png
I was not aware of this setting, but I haven't had an android auto compatible stereo for over a year now ... I always used smart lock so that it would unlock itself in the car, but if someone else is in the car with me I'd prefer my phone remain locked while using android auto

Unrelated, getting an iPhone since I've got an unused phone line and want tinker with my own to be able to help my brother's family with issues on their's ... planning to finally compare carplay vs auto myself

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Thanks for posting this. Another one of those settings you have to hunt for.
Yeah. There used to be an actual Android auto app but the last few OS version have it integrated into the OS. If you don't have the app like me then go to the system settings and search for Android Auto. You will find it that way

OP
OP

Ghs737

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yeah. There used to be an actual Android auto app but the last few OS version have it integrated into the OS. If you don't have the app like me then go to the system settings and search for Android Auto. You will find it that way
Got it. Thanks.