• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Si
Also how do tunes work these days with different drive modes? Is the tune just in normal mode and sport and comfort are the factory versions? Or does it eliminate having different modes and no matter which you’re in it’s all the same tune that overrides them all?
In the 10th and 11th gen, Ktuner allows for different boost targets in normal and sport, so it should be the same for the Integra. Maybe it'll even get a 3rd option for the comfort setting.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
In the 10th and 11th gen, Ktuner allows for different boost targets in normal and sport, so it should be the same for the Integra. Maybe it'll even get a 3rd option for the comfort setting.
Makes sense. Each mode has a similar tune map but with higher or lower levels of boost.

How does that interact with things like adaptive dampers? If comfort is a modified engine map with X psi, but the dampers get softer? Or further more the individual setting. Would the tune be based on which mode the engine is in so you could have sport engine and get the tune with max boost but comfort steering and normal suspension?

When I tuned back in the day we didn’t have different drive modes. So this is different for me to wrap my head around.

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Si
Based on how the 10th gen worked, I believe you are correct. The tune will follow whatever sport/normal/comfort engine setting is selected and in individual you'll be able to mix and match the tune/suspension/steering settings.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
I received a call this morning from Mathews Honda/Acura in Marion, Ohio letting me know they have a Liquid Carbon/Red 6MT Integra built and on the way without a reservation on it--the "Mathews Price" for this vehicle? Around $41,000 before tax/title/etc.. I got off the phone before I wasted any more of his time.

But yikes.

Litflynt912

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Civic EXL HB 2023 Integra A Spec Tech
I received a call this morning from Mathews Honda/Acura in Marion, Ohio letting me know they have a Liquid Carbon/Red 6MT Integra built and on the way without a reservation on it--the "Mathews Price" for this vehicle? Around $41,000 before tax/title/etc.. I got off the phone before I wasted any more of his time.

But yikes.
It is kind of crazy the dealers are still trying to work this above MSRP nonsense considering the climate. I understand the whole market but they're alienating their client base and add to that increased interest rates, I can see a number of folks canceling their reservations as well as Acura sending more allocations to the lots.
My Dealer told me the $1500 package they add is the only way they avoid markups but I'm like "isn't charging something someone doesn't want a markup?" I'm hoping Acura adds the integra to the military loyalty and grad program for the extra $750 off

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
I'm hoping Acura adds the integra to the military loyalty and grad program for the extra $750 off
Acura also has a "conquest customer" discount of $500 if you're coming from select other brands (other luxury makers AND honda) if you have a newer model of one of those brands.

Litflynt912

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura also has a "conquest customer" discount of $500 if you're coming from select other brands (other luxury makers AND honda) if you have a newer model of one of those brands.
Right but I'm not seeing the "integra" listed as a participating model on any of the brand cash online. If you have a link I'd appreciate it!

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Right but I'm not seeing the "integra" listed as a participating model on any of the brand cash online. If you have a link I'd appreciate it!
Well it isn't officially on sale yet, or even have the configurator online. So it probably won't be mentioned until those things happen first. But I'm pretty sure every acura model (except maybe the nsx) offers it. And if Acura really wants the Integra to possibly take sales from other entry level premium brands, they'll include it.

CarGuyUsername

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'07 CR-V LX
Well it isn't officially on sale yet, or even have the configurator online. So it probably won't be mentioned until those things happen first. But I'm pretty sure every acura model (except maybe the nsx) offers it. And if Acura really wants the Integra to possibly take sales from other entry level premium brands, they'll include it.
Ugh. That's what stopped me from getting the NSX before. At least that's the excuse I like to use lol.

Litflynt912

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
For sure. I'm quite the miser and that $750 really makes or breaks me!
Joking aside I'm still butt hurt paying a dime over MSRP because I'm getting an A spec non tech. I'm looking at $39,500 all in before my $500 deposit or any potential cash. My 228 GC was $43K all in so the chasm is real between features/options and price.

Still excited to get it, still going to go through with the deal but paying $1500 for a package I don't want and there's no value added is going to limit what dealer installed options I choose.

Guess We'll see in three weeks when it's on the lot!

Last edited:

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
My Dealer told me the $1500 package they add is the only way they avoid markups but I'm like "isn't charging something someone doesn't want a markup?" I'm hoping Acura adds the integra to the military loyalty and grad program for the extra $750 off
A package is the only way to mark up a vehicle in a way that the customer stands to get some benefit--in a small way, it beats a blanket $X right on the top markup without mats, tint, protective film, etc included--but who does it benefit most? The dealership, obviously. They make a fair bit of profit on these mandatory packages, some dealerships more than others, of course, to the point where some states have really started cracking down on dealerships who use them abusively.

I asked about this "conquest customer" discount and the graduate discount today, and the finance manager was pleasantly/surprisingly upfront with me about them--he explained these discounts (if they apply to the Integra) typically apply to vehicles financed directly through Acura rather than your local bank/credit union, and Acura "isn't as... uh... competitive for lack of a better way to say it" with their interest rates. So if you're planning to buy and finance through Acura to get either/both/any Acura discount offer and plan to pay over the full life of the loan, you may cancel out any benefit in additional interest over the life of the loan.

Ugh. That's what stopped me from getting the NSX before. At least that's the excuse I like to use lol.
This is too funny--the Lamborghini Huracan's average 13mpg in the city is actually what stopped me from trying to track one down.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Oh I definitely agree it's just funny to think about that compared to total cost of the NSX haha
You'd be surprised what insanely small amounts of money high ticket clients will take into account. I have worked with clients purchasing condos for almost a million dollars that refuse to sign off on selections because of a $10 towel ring credit. I don't put it past anyone at any price range to take into account every single penny they can save on a big purchase (car, home, etc) even if it won't make a noticeable difference in the end on monthly payments, if they think they're getting something off the purchase price, no matter how small, they will pursue it.

Litflynt912

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
You'd be surprised what insanely small amounts of money high ticket clients will take into account. I have worked with clients purchasing condos for almost a million dollars that refuse to sign off on selections because of a $10 towel ring credit. I don't put it past anyone at any price range to take into account every single penny they can save on a big purchase (car, home, etc) even if it won't make a noticeable difference in the end on monthly payments, if they think they're getting something off the purchase price, no matter how small, they will pursue it.

The more money you have, the more you obsess over the smallest amount.

As far as the Acura cash...finance and then refinance with your bank/credit union. I do it ALL the time.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
For sure. I'm quite the miser and that $750 really makes or breaks me!
Joking aside I'm still butt hurt paying a dime over MSRP because I'm getting an A spec non tech. I'm looking at $39,500 all in before my $500 deposit or any potential cash. My 228 GC was $43K all in so the chasm is real between features/options and price.

Still excited to get it, still going to go through with the deal but paying $1500 for a package I don't want and there's no value added is going to limit what dealer installed options I choose.

Guess We'll see in three weeks when it's on the lot!
I wonder if you can negotiate with the parts. There’s a lot of profit for the dealer in those. Tell them you want $1500 in installed parts but don’t want the add on instead.