• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
From Motor trend

https://www.motortrend.com/news/2023-acura-integra-reservations-transmission-take-rate/

From Emile Korkor, Assistant Vice President of Acura sales:

"We are absolutely thrilled with the pre-launch response to the 2023 Integra. The total number of reservations has far exceeded our expectations and most exciting is that around 70 percent of Integra reservations are for the 6-speed manual. We're confident this new Integra will inspire a new generation of enthusiasts buyers for the Acura brand."

Litflynt912

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Civic EXL HB 2023 Integra A Spec Tech
While normally I can call it as marketing spin and posturing, the reality is there isn’t another option for manual enthusiasts to get luxury level comfort and a manual transmission
I’d love to see total numbers of reservations that have been made; since as of today you can still pre order and no one has posted anything about a waiting list

all in all this is good news. It’s Honda/Acura filling a niche as well as ensuring they have a market share for the foreseeable future.

Reactions: HKF
OP
OP
86salmon

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
It's likely to follow a similar pattern as the release of the Toyobaru twins, and fall off once the enthusiasts have bought theirs. Hopefully this news will serve as a signal to the manufacturers that "if they build it, they will come," and get them to keep making engaging cars with manual transmissions

SuperCyan

First Name
Xavian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-spec w/ Tech CVT
From what my dealer said, the first batch of cars they're getting are all manual. I'm not getting the manual so they said next order after the first should include automatics and more manuals. Think timeline they said was it would be 2 months after the order goes in. First batch comes May since it was already ordered, next would be June maybe July

CarGuyUsername

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'07 CR-V LX
It's likely to follow a similar pattern as the release of the Toyobaru twins, and fall off once the enthusiasts have bought theirs. Hopefully this news will serve as a signal to the manufacturers that "if they build it, they will come," and get them to keep making engaging cars with manual transmissions
I think you're gonna be right on the money with this take.

Litflynt912

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
From what my dealer said, the first batch of cars they're getting are all manual. I'm not getting the manual so they said next order after the first should include automatics and more manuals. Think timeline they said was it would be 2 months after the order goes in. First batch comes May since it was already ordered, next would be June maybe July
that sounds weird if the “first batch” are supposed to be preordered models.

Saywhaat04

First Name
Regi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
19 Honda CR-V TR, 2019 Honda Accord SRT 2.0t/6spd
I hope this bodes well for a Type S manual! Its the closest thing Honda/Acura will get to the ITR from back in the day.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
You made the reservation? That’s shady of them then. Dealers are only aloud to order the amount that was reserved and that they have a res number for. And they have to order what you listed. The reservation locks in a priority list.

So I’d be concerned about that info. They can’t just place a bunch of orders for manuals to sell to anyone, making you who reserved and paid them $500 wait till order 2. And if they’re putting all manual preorders above yours that’s also a problem.

Idk how they were able to just order a bunch of manuals. Your preorder was supposed to be in the first batch. That’s the point of the preorder.

CarGuyUsername

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'07 CR-V LX
From what @TigerEyeJazz said in the main reveal thread is that the two Acura dealership guys that run a podcast also said first batch of cars are all manual as well as the demo vehicles.

If that's coming down from Acura there isn't really anything dealerships can do about that. Your reservation number, while important, probably doesn't lock in a "your car will be #xxx built" position. That would be terrible for the manufacturing/assembly process.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Maybe not a build order but at least the dealer can order it in order of res.

So those who ordered the CVT like me, even though I was the first order the dealer got, I’ll have to wait for a second run and anyone who got a manual already got theirs ordered?

What if the dealer didn’t get any manual preorders? They don’t have access to order X amount of cars to hit the lot. They can only order what was preordered.

Last edited:

Litflynt912

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Maybe not a build order but at least the dealer can order it in order of res.

So those who ordered the CVT like me, even though I was the first order the dealer got, I’ll have to wait for a second run and anyone who got a manual already got theirs ordered?

What if the dealer didn’t get any manual preorders? They don’t have access to order X amount of cars to hit the lot. They can only order what was preordered.
Yea I would agree. If that is what actually would happen I would just pull my reservation and sit until I can purchase what I want. I can’t imagine Acura not building reservations.
then what was the point? To get a bunch of reservations from folks who wanted cvts just to blow them off..
They’ll wind up canceling their reservations.
Something doesn’t smell right

I think maybe there’s some miscommunication. Maybe Acura is building and sending dealer demos in manual. Which I 100% could buy

but “first orders”
Being all manual…sounds like a recipient for backlash

Xcfool

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Liquid Carbon Tech 6spd
From what @TigerEyeJazz said in the main reveal thread is that the two Acura dealership guys that run a podcast also said first batch of cars are all manual as well as the demo vehicles.

If that's coming down from Acura there isn't really anything dealerships can do about that. Your reservation number, while important, probably doesn't lock in a "your car will be #xxx built" position. That would be terrible for the manufacturing/assembly process.
Both demos currently being shown in Dallas are CVT equipped.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Yeah it’s just hard for me to believe. It sounds credible and o honestly wouldn’t be shocked. But like you said what was the point then? I thought it was to get in on the first batch ordered and not have to wait months for dealer orders to open and then months more for the car to be built.

Plus if the dealer orders a bunch of manuals that aren’t even spoken for from preorder, first idk how they can order them as it goes against past Acura preorder dealer order rules. And second, 90% of those that want a manual preordered. Extra manuals won’t sell as well as cvt’s.

Just doesn’t make sense to me. I texted my sales guy. He’s asking the GM tomorrow. Hopefully it’s either miscommunication or some dealers are just a holes and made crappy choices (and I hope mine isn’t one of them).

Last edited:

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Imagine someone walking in off the street. They didn’t front $500 to the dealer and oh wow there’s a manual sitting here for sale. Boom they buy it on the spot. Meanwhile I’m sitting here waiting for my CVT after being the first guy to give them money?

That would be a slap in the face.