• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Who wishes Acura made an Integra Type S?

ijm5012

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
You also get longer periods for warrantees and roadside that's not insignificant when judging value of a new vehicle.
Roadside isn’t a selling point for me, I get it with my car insurance.

True, you do get 1 extra year of powertrain and B2B coverage.

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18 CTR(Sold), 19 TLX, 21 Veloster N(sold)
Why not, plenty of brands are bringing back classic nameplates after years/decades of some alphanumeric combination.

Integra certainly sounds better than ILX. I wish they would've brought the Legend nameplate back as well instead of TLX. I could see how it made sense for the first gen, where they combined the TL and TSX in to a single car. But now with the Integra in the stable, reviving the Legend nameplate would've been cool.
I agree, it's indeed more interesting to see the old nameplates coming back.
I was suggesting that they should have brought back the Type R nameplate too since they already kind of messed up their naming system with the Integra.

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
Really, this car is 2 seats short of an Integra Type R. Sure that’s arguable, but does anyone else wish Acura hadn’t copy-pasted the CTR but rather took the Accord 2.0T and made something to fill the gap between the Integra A spec and the CTR on power/price?

Instead, they seized the opportunity to increase their margins, like many do these days. I get it they’re in the business to make money and they’re doing the work smarter not harder thing by making fewer, but pricier, cars (and clawing back some $$ from ADMs at the same time). I can’t help but think a Type S with the bang4buck of a ~270Hp car priced between the Aspec and ITS, without limited production, does a lot more for the brand. It doesn’t just get people talking, it gets them walking into Acura dealerships… or does it? Maybe they were never going to sell that many because everyone wants SUV/EV these days so this WAS their best play for the ITS.
The only th8i8ng I think they should offer is a 2-door coup as well as the 4 door, see if it will sell, I will buy one.