• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Type S - Luxury GTI/WRX/N or S3/A35/M235i Competitor?

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
Plastic fenders would have made so much more sense on rally inspired "WRX Wilderness."
But it's WRX so there will be tons of after market fender flares to choose from pretty soon.
Exactly my point.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
If I was to make a guess based on what we know I’d be between 2 options. And it’s dependent on if Acura wants to actually make that commitment to performance they are promising, or being normal Acura.

First thing that is almost certain is that the Type S will be available in a 6 speed. In the video announcement, the 4th gear pull is an RSX Type S which you can see on the floor mats. It’s also an 05-06 from the chrome ring around the shifter. That means that the last pull of the new integra is most likely also the type s variant. The red gear numbers also would point to this since that wouldn’t be on a base.

We also know that this will be Acura’s halo car. And the type s being the highest trim I would say SW-AWD is almost a guarantee. Which means the 10A is probably an option. I’d love to see them make the type s manual only like the old days. But they didn’t do that with the tlx type s.

We also know that Honda is not going to spend r&d on any new motors for what will be (comparatively to the rest of their world) a lower volume vehicle. That means for sure the 1.5T for the base, but probably tuned up to 220ish hp.

For the Type S I’d say it’ll either get the exact K20C1 from the CTR or a tuned version of the K20C4/6 from the accord/tlx. I can’t see them having the exact same numbers on the type s as a base tlx sitting next to it. That’s bad for marketing. So if it’s not the CTR motor, than it’ll be a bumped up tlx motor. Maybe in the 290-295 range.

Now this is IF Acura doesn’t go all in the the whole Halo thing which could mean the type s gets electric motors for the rear wheels like the nsx. We know for sure there will be a hybrid version, Acura already said this. But will that version be an alternate trim like other manufacturers do or will it be the type s.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
If I was to make a guess based on what we know I’d be between 2 options. And it’s dependent on if Acura wants to actually make that commitment to performance they are promising, or being normal Acura.

First thing that is almost certain is that the Type S will be available in a 6 speed. In the video announcement, the 4th gear pull is an RSX Type S which you can see on the floor mats. It’s also an 05-06 from the chrome ring around the shifter. That means that the last pull of the new integra is most likely also the type s variant. The red gear numbers also would point to this since that wouldn’t be on a base.

We also know that this will be Acura’s halo car. And the type s being the highest trim I would say SW-AWD is almost a guarantee. Which means the 10A is probably an option. I’d love to see them make the type s manual only like the old days. But they didn’t do that with the tlx type s.

We also know that Honda is not going to spend r&d on any new motors for what will be (comparatively to the rest of their world) a lower volume vehicle. That means for sure the 1.5T for the base, but probably tuned up to 220ish hp.

For the Type S I’d say it’ll either get the exact K20C1 from the CTR or a tuned version of the K20C4/6 from the accord/tlx. I can’t see them having the exact same numbers on the type s as a base tlx sitting next to it. That’s bad for marketing. So if it’s not the CTR motor, than it’ll be a bumped up tlx motor. Maybe in the 290-295 range.

Now this is IF Acura doesn’t go all in the the whole Halo thing which could mean the type s gets electric motors for the rear wheels like the nsx. We know for sure there will be a hybrid version, Acura already said this. But will that version be an alternate trim like other manufacturers do or will it be the type s.
I feel like the one we saw could be the Type S or A-Spec due them both having red lettering. Right now the 6 speed is confirmed to come back and I suspect it will be on both versions. The only thing I will say if they do SH-AWD for the Type S then it would be the 10AT. 10AT links up with the 4th Gen SH-AWD. I also don’t think the Manual was thought of when they made the 4th Gen but knowing Honda and how they literally added advance safety tech on a manual accord and CTR I suspect it could run on the SH-AWD.

Personally about the engines. I’m fine with them doing the 1.5T for base. From what I heard they apparently fixed the oil dilution on the previous Gen one. 1.5t would be the same as the Si but gets a bump up on power. For the Type S I feel like it’s going to be the K20C4. The Accord engine is literally better then the K20C6 that’s found in the TLX. That engine with 285-295 HP would be perfect for the SH-AWD .

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Weight is a concern. The new 2022 civic hatch touring trim is 3100lbs. The SH-AWD system adds 232lbs over FWD. So if we have a 3300-3400lb type s, 295hp isn’t enough to keep it in the low 5 second 0-60 which is the class avg.

That would mean more power (the 320+ range), less weight (no awd), or electric rear motors along with the k20c4 would be needed.

Last edited:

Integra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mustang
Weight is a concern. The new 2022 civic hatch touring trim is 3100lbs. The SH-AWD system adds 232lbs over FWD. So if we have a 3300-3400lb type s, 295hp isn’t enough to keep it in the low 5 second 0-60 which is the class avg.

That would mean more power (the 320+ range), less weight (no awd), or electric rear motors along with the k20c4 would be needed.
Ecoboost Mustang is 3500lbs, 310HP and a 5.1s 0-60.
Civic type-R is 3100lbs and does it in 5.3s.
WRX is 6s 0-60. 3300lbs

Gearing plays a large factor.