• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Trading Up? Lateral Move? Trading Down? ITS for CTR

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX
Both are niche vehicles with a limited number of buyers..Once met the prices will fall...jmho
Down the road perhaps, maybe on the 2024 models. But the Type R FK8 has held value quite well and America first got it in 2017. Going on six years there’s only been in 40,000 CTR’s made worldwide, if we were to guess 20,000 for North America that’s like 3-4 allocations per dealership.

I think there was some mentions of the ITS production in North America would be ~3,500 a year or 10% of all Integras. With 301 dealers between Canada and USA that’s under 12 allocations a year each. Some waitlists are 20-30 people deep and some others 80 people deep. Eventually everyone that wants one will be able to get one whether they wait 1-2 years I hope people are able to get them for MSRP. It will be a limited production car.
We should not see sharp used priced drop offs as hard as teslas right now

Last edited:

crepr12

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS Black on Black
The ITS is new and the got to have it today crowd gets smaller by the purchase. Are people on waiting list to buy a Type R?...Time will tell all...I'm a patient dude and can wait until a ITS with the right color and price lineup in the crosshairs...

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX
The ITS is new and the got to have it today crowd gets smaller by the purchase. Are people on waiting list to buy a Type R?...Time will tell all...I'm a patient dude and can wait until a ITS with the right color and price lineup in the crosshairs...
certainly if you’re waiting for the right color and price there is certainly nothing wrong with waiting. I just meant there won’t be a huge influx of supply but it’ll be nice for people to get them at MSRP. I don’t think MSRP price would move down but there’s a number of people that have been able to buy for that price.

there’s one particular planet Honda dealer by me where I get parts for my older TL, they’ve had one CTR in the past six months and by their words too many on their list it’s not even worth getting on right now.

what could happen is in the oncoming deep recession there will be CTR and ITS sitting on lots coupled with the fact that many people can’t afford %7-9% interest rates anymore. It’s a ridiculously high rate market right now.

OP
OP

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Don't forget the extra year of warranty, and Acura service experience. So far it seems everybody forgets that component, but it's important. Sure, Acura service isn't Porsche service, but it's better than Honda, I can already tell you that...

I could give two shits about what random people on the street think. But I do care about what my wife thinks. She didn't like the idea of me paying $50k for a Civic, AT ALL. But she was excited about the Integra. There's a lot of nuance to that I don't necessarily feel like getting into, but my point had nothing to do with what random people think when they see the car, and everything to do with the psychosis involved in justifying cost vs worth when considering a major purchase- especially a car purchase from an enthusiast mindset, where our literal identity can easily be tied up with what car we choose to drive. Again, we're talking thesis paper levels of nuance, maybe I'm articulating it effectively, probably I'm not.

But the reality is now, for me the FL5 just isn't that same level of "special". It's not even the first type R in North America- the FK8 stole that thunder. But to others, it most definitely is that special- especially the substantial amount of Honda fanboys that spent 5 figures in markup for these cars!!!
Well if there's a correlation between "special-ness" and being first, then the FK8 wouldn't have that either since the DC2 was the first Type-R in the US... but I think any new(er) car is going to struggle to carry that same level of "special". I think it's much bigger than NA vs Turbo--cars have changed a lot over 20-30 years, but so have we as users/consumers.

I'm glad to hear your concern isn't around what randoms think and that doesn't surprise me, but it's a huge purchase and a spouse's thoughts are critical. My wife LOATHES the FK8 styling--I don't mind it, but the tech is certainly lacking at this point--but to someone who isn't a "car person", I understand the FL5 and DE5 are tough to tell apart. They're both relatively mature and overstyled in their own respective ways, but one is a Honda with the "prestige" of being another in a long line of Type-R's whereas the other gets the "luxury" spin. We know more than most, and we know they're both Civics with different embellishments/names.

My wife (not a "car person") didn't like the idea of my getting a CTR earlier this year (pre-ITS purchase) because she saw a move from an Acura/Integra to a Honda/Civic as a sort of "step down", but I think that speaks more to effective marketing by Honda/Acura than anything. I tried my best to explain how a CTR isn't "just any Civic" or "the kind of Civic one gets for his/her first car" but it does say Civic right there on the back. Can't argue there. Fortunately for me/us, this is very much a secondary vehicle and "get what makes you happy, I can't drive it anyway" was her ultimate position.

I'm a sucker for warranties, and it was a bit of a bummer to lose out on that extra year going from ITS to CTR. As for the "service experience" between Honda and Acura I think that'll vary widely between dealerships--Acura Columbus has limited/uncomfortable seating but unlimited juice boxes (important for a child owner), Roush Honda has better wifi and is close enough that I walk home, Lindsay Acura has GREAT seating and junk snacks but they're always booked out pretty far for appointments and the area is terrible. Fortunately, we can take our Honda/Acuras to whichever dealership we prefer (service, snacks, availability, proximity, etc) and the service attendants will undoubtedly love our cars. I've had the ITS and FL5 at both already and each got just the kind of excitement you'd expect.

@Azkyrie6 - I'm with you on the paint issue. Marysville seems to be having a tough time with this so far. It's a shame because, at least in my opinion, the ITS has better (and more) paint options overall than the CTR:
  • Majestic Black = Crystal Black (No explanation needed)
  • Apex Blue > Boost Blue (BB is fun, but it will not age well)
  • Performance Red > Rallye Red (PRP just looks upscale)
  • Liquid Carbon/Lunar Silver > Sonic Grey (I don't care much for greys, but SG has never done it for me)
  • Honda has no answer for Tiger Eye (Not my color preference, but it does stand out)
  • Platinum White and Championship White are both great in their own ways (flake vs unique-ness/heritage), but I'm biased there.
Color is subjective, but I think flake generally makes paint/a car look fancy, but I bet we all agree that mismatch or other inconsistencies ruin that pretty easily.