• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Azkyrie6

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL, Acura MDX
I love how you call out the hates in your video. Lol, solid post btw, thanks! Can't wait to tell the mustang community I traded in my GT for my ITS 😆😂
They won’t be happy, since you upgraded lol.

true story, when I was 16 yo, I wanted a mustang. Father scoured the newspapers and found someone who was selling a used 2000 white Integra LS.

it was all we could afford and I really didn’t want it. Bought the Integra anyway, grew attached and tried very hard to make it look like a championship white Integra Type R. I loved the thing even though it was the slowest model. T-boned in an intersection, Integra was wrecked but it protected me so well and I was unscathed.

said my farewells and for nearly 20 years I dreamed of owning another Integra. Here we are 2024 ITS. Happy I never got the mustang

OP
OP
NSXavier

NSXavier

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
PORSCHE 911 Turbo (997) ACURA INTEGRA TYPE-S (DE5)
Build Thread
Link
“Midlife crisis”. lol me too!! 🤪.

Car looks great. It’s really that much stiffer? What setting did you run before the drop?

I’ll post a follow up video of the spoon springs review. Normally driving it, it’s not that much stiffer than stock.

The Spoon Springs are a progressive spring of a dual-rate design. This allows the springs to behave somewhat normally in normal city and highway driving with obstacles, bumps, and road imperfections; as the spring rate on one portion of the spring has a lower load deflection that is similar to the factory spring rate. However, when you’re driving the car spiritedly around sharp turns and corners and really loading the suspension up, the lower load deflection portion of the spring will be overcome by the weight of the vehicle and the higher load deflection portion of the spring will then take over…. Kind of giving you the best of both worlds.

Come to think about it I never really tried setting my individual mode suspension settings to SPORT. I guess I’ll give that a whirl. With the factory suspension I would always drive around one Sport+.

Krazydan19

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Model x, model 3, Rdx, triumph, ITS
Great info, thanks. I’m always been unease about just running springs. I used to do Koni yellows and eibach sport lines springs on my tsx, I run KW coilovers “from mountain pass performance” on my model 3.
if you ran In sport + sounds like we may like a similar set up. Excited to hear what you think once you put some smiles, I mean miles down 😉.

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S (LCM)
Just checking to see if you have had any more insight? These are at the top of my list, but this is my DD so I need it to be relatively tame around town. For reference, I usually keep it in sport for Daily use, Sport + in comfort would be a bit much I think for the family. Was hoping the progressive nature could help, but if not I might have to go H&R.

OP
OP
NSXavier

NSXavier

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
PORSCHE 911 Turbo (997) ACURA INTEGRA TYPE-S (DE5)
Build Thread
Link
Just checking to see if you have had any more insight? These are at the top of my list, but this is my DD so I need it to be relatively tame around town. For reference, I usually keep it in sport for Daily use, Sport + in comfort would be a bit much I think for the family. Was hoping the progressive nature could help, but if not I might have to go H&R.

Highly recommend

Krazydan19

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Model x, model 3, Rdx, triumph, ITS
Well done video, I agree very hard to think about messing with exhaust on the ITS and it’s looking like springs will be in my future. Excited to see what wheels and fitment you landed on.

XYR03

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
19 4Runner TRD OR, 15 Cayman S
Do you have a before and after comparison pic?

Trajectory009

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Integra 6MT, 21 TLX Type S, 24 Interga Type S
I finished up the install of the spoon springs on the DE5. Here are some pictures and a video I made:

IMG_3247.jpeg

IMG_3248.jpeg

IMG_3239.jpeg
I just installed the H&R springs last week.

IMG_8280.jpeg

IMG_8279.jpeg

IMG_8281.jpeg