• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Sound-deadened the ITS a bit

Last_ICE

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Picked up ITS today from Beyond Street Performance in San Francisco. Chris did a really nice job of matting the fenders, doors, and trunk, added speaker rings, installed door projectors, and added a MirrorTap for a Uniden R8 detector. Within an hour of picking the car up, the R8 saved a ticket on I-280.

Door_.jpg

Trunk_.jpg

Speaker Ring_.jpg

Projector_.jpg

grahm

First Name
Grahm
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 RS3, 2023 Type R
Can I ask how much you paid for just the sound deadening? I'd like to do something similar on my FL5 but have no conception of how much it costs.

Does it make a big difference? Feel worth the price?

OP
OP
Last_ICE

Last_ICE

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Can I ask how much you paid for just the sound deadening? I'd like to do something similar on my FL5 but have no conception of how much it costs.

Does it make a big difference? Feel worth the price?
I canā€™t remember the exact price for just the matting work, but I think it was in the neighborhood of ~$1.7K, including Roadkill mat, and doubled matting in the fenders.

I did 140 miles in it this afternoon (hit 600!), about half freeway and half twisties, and love the result. The one thing that surprised me about the ITS initially was how present tire noise and pebble strikes were. If I were a bit younger, I probably wouldnā€˜t have cared, or would have attempted the work myself, but in my old age, I was happy to pay a pro to lower the sound intrusion and give the car a bit more of a luxury vibe.

Last edited:

chopsuey34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra
I canā€™t remember the exact price for just the matting work, but I think it was in the neighborhood of ~$1.7K, including Roadkill mat, and doubled matting in the fenders.
Hmm, $1,700 is a bit steep. I was thinking about doing this myself to save money. Is there a ready to go kit or did your shop cut out custom shapes from the sound-deadening material?

Is that speaker ring worth it? Does it prevent rattles when the sound system is booming?

OP
OP
Last_ICE

Last_ICE

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Hmm, $1,700 is a bit steep. I was thinking about doing this myself to save money. Is there a ready to go kit or did your shop cut out custom shapes from the sound-deadening material?

Is that speaker ring worth it? Does it prevent rattles when the sound system is booming?
From the research I did, before choosing to have a pro do the work, you can definitely do a much cheaper 80/20 version yourself that will knock the top off the dbs . . .

There are YT videos to show you the basics, which include how to choose surfaces and cut shapes to maximize the size of each piece applied. Thereā€™s another guy on YT who shows how to open an Integra door panel.

Youā€™ll need a few cheap tools, like these:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0C55LC9HM

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TV19PQF

And, you can do a thinner, less expensive sound-deadener mat like Siless, which people seem to like:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BLSP8JV

Finally, speaker rings are useful for keeping sound waves from wandering around inside the door, and if you already have the door open, itā€™s worth putting them on. Iā€™m not a materials science expert, but friends said to stick to closed cell foam rings and not cheap out in this area:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07W86QZWV

Last edited:

chopsuey34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra
From the research I did, before choosing to have a pro do the work, you can definitely do a much cheaper 80/20 version yourself that will knock the top off the dbs . . .
A+ response, my friend! Thank you for sharing your research and resources.

OP
OP
Last_ICE

Last_ICE

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
A+ response, my friend! Thank you for sharing your research and resources.
Of course! Please share anything you learn along the way.

Oh, and you might also want a set like this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HBQY2Q7

Unfortunately, I don't know exactly what kind of sealant to use to re-close the rubberized panels on the Integra doors. Maybe someone else here knows?

Last edited:

Zircular

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GONE: ā€˜23 Integra A-Spec 6MT
This looks like a fun project. The general level of road noise in my A-Spec isnā€™t that big of a deal to me but reducing it would certainly improve the car. Appreciate the info!