• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18 CTR(Sold), 19 TLX, 21 Veloster N(sold)
Jon Ikeda confirmed a Hybrid was coming but he didn’t say it was the Type S version which I don’t think they will do it like that. A Civic Hybrid is currently testing so it could use that Hybrid setup.
Wasn't the base ILX Hybrid for the first few years? If the set up in the upcoming Civic Hybrid can make 200+hp then it would fit nicely in the line up too.
Integra with NSX tech would be nice tho. I just think that would be too extreme for a mainstream Type S.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Wasn't the base ILX Hybrid for the first few years? If the set up in the upcoming Civic Hybrid can make 200+hp then it would fit nicely in the line up too.
Integra with NSX tech would be nice tho. I just think that would be too extreme for a mainstream Type S.
If they used the Accord/CRV hybrid setup that makes 212hp that would be a good fit for the Integra (or civic). I doubt they'd go FULL nsx tech which had 3 electric motors (2 for the front wheels, and another assisting the engine/rear wheels). In my mind, if they were going to do a hybrid SH-AWD Integra it would be engine powering the front wheels and a single or dual electric motor(s) powering the rears, which doesn't seem all that extreme for the Type S IMO. I feel like if any model will get SH-AWD it'll be the Type S, rather than the lower trims, but given the FWD heritage of the Integra (and Honda products in general) I'm not sure if they'll do it or not. I can see it going either way.

Personally speaking... I'd like to see honda strap their hybrid setup to their turbo offerings. A turbo hybrid 1.5 and 2.0 would not only get great mileage but offer quite a boost in output for both engines, essentially acting as electric assist to do away with turbo lag at low rpms. If they did this, and were smart about it, they could mount the battery in the rear of the car to help with front/rear weight distribution as well.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Jon Ikeda confirmed a Hybrid was coming but he didn’t say it was the Type S version which I don’t think they will do it like that. A Civic Hybrid is currently testing so it could use that Hybrid setup.
Yep. I went back and read the article. Ikeda didn’t officially confirm hybrid. But said an electrified line up was their future. So it was speculated that the integra would have a hybrid option. Hopefully it’s just an option and has nothing to do with the type s. As that would put it in a completely different class for price.

Hondabob

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Si
Yep. I went back and read the article. Ikeda didn’t officially confirm hybrid. But said an electrified line up was their future. So it was speculated that the integra would have a hybrid option. Hopefully it’s just an option and has nothing to do with the type s. As that would put it in a completely different class for price.
Yeah I forgot that the civic hybrid got revealed, would make way more sense to just transplant that into the Integra vs type S. I think they have a winner with just the 2.0 from TLX/CTR plus AWD

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Agreed. I’d be 100% fine with an exact replica of the civic hatch line up but with a nicer interior and more features. Give me a base (si), a hybrid, and a type s (CTR).

Integra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mustang
I have high hopes for the styling and Type-S, other wise I think a S3 or RS3 will be next in line for me.