• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Rear Dashcam Install on 23+ Integra (DE4/DE5)

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring (VERY SOON)
I've been holding off for this install for a few months but finally got to it! Since it looked a bit complicated so I reserved a day where I was 100% free.

Here's a little writeup on installing a rear dashcam if anyone's interested. It should take you an hour or so max if you follow these steps and not do what I did or tried.

You'll need:
Phillips Screwdriver
A few zip ties (1 foot in length, I'll update if the ones I used are longer) and some electrical tape
Trim removal tools
Silicone or some type of grease (I used Honda Shin Etsu grease)

Start by routing the rear cam wire from the front cam to the rear. You can do it however you like but I tucked the wires up the headliner and weather stripping to the C pillar.

You should prep by removing the rear trunk liner. It's held in by 2 screws behind the cargo cover bracket, rest of it is held in by clips so pull gently. To get to those 2 screws, they'll be under a little door where your cargo cover bracket is located (trim removal tool is recommended here). Chances are all 3 pieces pop out in one big piece so be careful of the wire hooked onto the plastic that I showed in the pictures (the 3rd picture with the grey insulation)

F851C5D1-8136-40BF-A29D-4411C0771B6B.jpeg

1C793ECA-2FDB-45B9-9276-FCCC404CD58A.jpeg

B5D92266-C21A-4D44-91A6-46D6F7486DB4.jpeg

Next, assuming you've got your wire routed to the rear, locate the rubber grommet on the driver side and lift up both top and bottom.

9EDA1FEA-9853-4E96-AA29-FA1D2ECB6EA8.png

Now with a zip tie, from the interior out, slide it in and through to the other side. This may take a bit of time if you have short or wide fingers as it was a tight fit. I ended up getting some tape on the end for me to try and grab or grip onto for a little extra leverage.

2921904B-6D59-4F70-ABFA-B4FD256E8E66.jpeg

After you managed to fish the other side of the zip tie out...get some more tape and stick it onto the end of the rear cam cable with the zip tie and feed it through.

Now, use a zip tie only and feed or slide it through the rubber grommet. After you manage to get the zip tie to the other size, wrap up a few inches of the end of the dashcam cable tightly with the end of the zip tie (make sure your cable isn't looped around the hatch struts) and I HIGH RECOMMEND using or applying some type of lubracant on the tape that you put over the cable before you attempt to pull it through to the other side. You'll save quite a bunch of time!

I initially fed it through the rubber grommet without any lube and it took ages as it was very difficult (lots of triction) to pull through which led to the zip tie pulling off from the cable. I tried to see if I could somehow grab it or pull it again since it was 95% through but I couldn't so I pulled the cable back out (which took a bit of time), used some grease over the tape that's over the cable and it went through like butter. I couldn't believe it.

A5AA931D-5B76-497E-9E78-BD5E68B13C31.jpeg

After you get the cable through the rubber grommet you'll have to fish and feed the wire up the hatch since that's the closest access hole.

F2999890-FB19-46B4-B942-805BA4B70B39.jpeg

Then you can route the wire to the rear windshield. I had a bit of wire left so I just tucked it into the hatch. You can use zip ties for a cleaner install but I was about done that day so I opted not to.

63E0B402-331A-449B-A957-50FDEF191E5D.jpeg

Re attach the trunk cover and 2 screws, mount the cam and you're done.

For reference, this is the route I took to wire up the rear camera.

444FAF46-1CF8-4856-B272-3E445AB948EC.jpeg

90% of the wiring route is easy since it's just tucking into the A/B/C pillars and behind the weather stripping.

Good luck and let me know you have any questions.

creaturemachine

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT
Nice guide. What camera kit are you using, and how is the image quality from that location?

koatic

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
93 EH with 97 JDM ITR swap, 2024 ABP/ orchid ITS
I still have the rear cam of mine disabled because of this daunting task. Appreciate the post and pics making it seem a lot easier:

gren

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type S
Did you secure the wire that you tucked behind the ABC pillars? I'm worried about rattle, have you noticed any since the install?

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Did you secure the wire that you tucked behind the ABC pillars? I'm worried about rattle, have you noticed any since the install?
I did not need to secure the wires since the A/B/C pillars hold the wires securely. I haven't heard any rattling of the wires

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nice guide. What camera kit are you using, and how is the image quality from that location?
Finally remembered to get some footage. Here's a screenshot of how it looks out the rear with 20% tint

IMG_0058.png