• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Random Bolt/Pin fell out of the steering column of 2023 Integra

treyk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT
I got back into my car after having it parked for 2 hours at a mall and noticed this metal pin on the floormat of my new Integra. The attached images show the pin and roughly where it was when I found it. I believe it came from the steering column but I could be wrong. The only other place could be under the driver seat but I'm not sure. Please let me know if any of you guys know what it could be or if you have had this issue before.

IMG_1205.jpg

IMG_1204.jpg

IMG_1203.jpg

CB750 rider

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra, 06 Five-Hundred, 2011 Express
I'd ask the dealer. Is that pin hardened (yellow tint)? I'd be concerned that it could go to something important.

Palut

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra
I've looked around inside my steering column quite a bit looking for rattles, and I don't recall seeing a piece like that loose anywhere. I wasn't looking for something like that though, so could have missed it. I'd make the dealer figure out where it's from and do the work necessary to ensure that things are in good working order. That's what warranties are for, right?

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
It could have just been left at the factory. I’ve seen new cars come in with power tools in them.

OP
OP

treyk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT
Yeah so I completely forgot to update everyone but as Civicsi87 said it was part of the clutch pedal. It’s very noticeable when the pin is outside of the clutch. I just put it back in the clutch pedal and put a hitch pin in the other end for now until I go to the dealer.