• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Performance Parts, Tunes, and Warranty

Shadd01

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra
I haven't done much in the way of adding performance parts to a car I've owned in over 20 years and even then it was simple bolt ons to a car well out of warranty (96' Honda Del Sol). A quick google seems to say that upgrading parts shouldn't void my warranty unless the new parts caused the issue. How true is that though? Are some parts less of a problem than others? How about when it comes to using different tunes on the engine (Ktuner, Hondadata type stuff)? I would love to upgrade the exhaust, intake, intercooler, and perhaps a tune. Just wondering if I will be SOL if something were to happen to the engine with those mods. Thanks!

IronJoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra ASpec MT
I haven't done much in the way of adding performance parts to a car I've owned in over 20 years and even then it was simple bolt ons to a car well out of warranty (96' Honda Del Sol). A quick google seems to say that upgrading parts shouldn't void my warranty unless the new parts caused the issue. How true is that though? Are some parts less of a problem than others? How about when it comes to using different tunes on the engine (Ktuner, Hondadata type stuff)? I would love to upgrade the exhaust, intake, intercooler, and perhaps a tune. Just wondering if I will be SOL if something were to happen to the engine with those mods. Thanks!
Simple, if you tune you car and blow your turbo because you cranked it to 35PSI you’re SOL. If you tune your car and your door starts leaking you’re good

You gotta pay to play. That being said, if you use a good reputable tune and don’t mess with it you’re pretty safe

OP
OP

Shadd01

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra
That's what I was hoping to hear. Honestly I am more concerned about the electronics than I am the engine.

OP
OP

Shadd01

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra
There have been very few electronic failures of the ECU over time. While they are rated for ~100,000 flashes, it does happen. A fraction of 1%.
Roughly .04% if you want a direct representation.
I was referring more to electronics in the car like the infotainment, gauge cluster, etc. having issues, but that is good to know too!

KTuner

First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Car(s)
2017 Si
I was referring more to electronics in the car like the infotainment, gauge cluster, etc. having issues, but that is good to know too!
Oh, I see. You mean completely separate from tuning!