• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

OBD port blocker vs rerouting the OBD port vs kill switch

Last_ICE

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
I live in a port city where cars get broken into and boosted a lot. Have a locked home garage for overnight storage, but park in the city during the day in areas where thefts/boosting happen.

Got my ITS a couple of weeks ago and live in a bit of fear of involuntarily waving goodbye to it. In the interim, I have added Advanced Wheel Locks, a passel of de-speakered AirTags, a Club, and fob faraday case.

I have been reading about OBD and CAN injection attacks online, but am not smart enough to know how seriously to take them, and what to actually do in response.

If it's worth getting an OBD blocker, as far as I can tell the Canadian Sherlock OBD Protector isn't sold in the States, and the German OBD Saver doesn't come in a Honda/Acura specific version, so the remaining option is their Universal Plus product, which looks bulky af. The other OBD blockers I see online all seem to be either 3D printed plastic secured with generally available security-screw heads, or the Bem Auto blocker, which an Amazon review claims can be popped off with a screwdriver through the open window on it side.

Otherwise, I don't know anything about kill switches or rerouted OBD ports. Would love any advice y'all are willing to share. I don't mind paying a pro to do the work; I just don't know what to get done.

FredS2000

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024Tiger Eye Integra Type-S, 2003 S2000, '99 SVTL
one thing that these cars have that prevent theft that many don't. a 3rd pedal. a vast majority of the scum that steal cars can't drive a manual trans.

If you're very concerned about someone trying to get into the cars network, de-pin either terminal 6 or 14 and tuck it up into the wiring. The car will be unable to communicate even if someone plugs into the obd2 port.