• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Newb and learning ..diverter valve ? Bov ? Want more sound

Nivek2slick

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura Integra type s
So wanting this glorious bov sounds and seeing that we have a maf style car that bov is a no no for long term . I read diverter valve is basically what we do . Is there aftermarket diverter valve that achieve the same sounds ? Little lost on info and trying to learn . Not sure how to ask the questions. So any help would be great

Last edited:

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
According to @D-RobIMW , blow off valves on this platform can cause issues, and he says it has to do with the fact that metered air is not supposed to be vented (I think). Confuses the ecu measures or something like that. I wish I could elaborate more. Maybe shoot him a message.

Iā€™d love to have one too, but the intakes available & coming out are a pretty darn close sound. Pipercross probably sounds the loudest right now - hopefully the PRL HVI will be similar.

OP
OP
Nivek2slick

Nivek2slick

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura Integra type s
According to @D-RobIMW , blow off valves on this platform can cause issues, and he says it has to do with the fact that metered air is not supposed to be vented (I think). Confuses the ecu measures or something like that. I wish I could elaborate more. Maybe shoot him a message.

Iā€™d love to have one too, but the intakes available & coming out are a pretty darn close sound. Pipercross probably sounds the loudest right now - hopefully the PRL HVI will be similar.
Yeah I read what he said also ..so a diverter valve doesn't do same thing ?as a bov ?

OP
OP
Nivek2slick

Nivek2slick

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura Integra type s
Yeah I read what he said also ..so a diverter valve doesn't do same thing ?as a bov ?
From what I read they circulate the air the way our cars want it but my question is there a diverter valve that make noises like bov ssq and so forth

ZeroGSR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S (LCM)
From what I read they circulate the air the way our cars want it but my question is there a diverter valve that make noises like bov ssq and so forth
The noise you want is from diverting to open atmosphere, so the quick answer is no. You CAN run a vent to atmosphere BOV, but it's not advised as it will lead to rich conditions as per above. There are a few hybrid options also (does both), same issues of running rich, but slightly less. You can swap to a different diverter valve, but IMO it might sound slightly different but it's not going to get you the woosh you are after.

HKS does make an external recirculating valve if you want that sequential pigeon sound. But requires some custom fabrication to route the return line into your intake since their intake isn't out yet.

OP
OP
Nivek2slick

Nivek2slick

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura Integra type s
The noise you want is from diverting to open atmosphere, so the quick answer is no. You CAN run a vent to atmosphere BOV, but it's not advised as it will lead to rich conditions as per above. There are a few hybrid options also (does both), same issues of running rich, but slightly less. You can swap to a different diverter valve, but IMO it might sound slightly different but it's not going to get you the woosh you are after.

HKS does make an external recirculating valve if you want that sequential pigeon sound. But requires some custom fabrication to route the return line into your intake since their intake isn't out yet.
Ahh I see I rather not go custom yet it just seems like nothing is out for our car yet unfortunately. I was thinking of dropping in the sprint filter and the prl inlet pipe to get more of it

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Ahh I see I rather not go custom yet it just seems like nothing is out for our car yet unfortunately. I was thinking of dropping in the sprint filter and the prl inlet pipe to get more of it
I have both Sprint filters, PRL TIP & rest of stage 1 air intake components & the sound is there - but youā€™ll likely want more. Not loud enough for me.

OP
OP
Nivek2slick

Nivek2slick

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura Integra type s
I have both Sprint filters, PRL TIP & rest of stage 1 air intake components & the sound is there - but youā€™ll likely want more. Not loud enough for me.
Did you have to tune your car and may I ask what exactly is all stage 1 air intake components

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Did you have to tune your car and may I ask what exactly is all stage 1 air intake components
I did all bolt onā€™s & tune at the same time down in the shop. The stage 1 intake is just the filter & larger silicone tubing from the box to inlet pipe. Basically if you buy the TIP you inherent the components of the stage 1 without the filter.

OP
OP
Nivek2slick

Nivek2slick

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura Integra type s
I did all bolt onā€™s & tune at the same time down in the shop. The stage 1 intake is just the filter & larger silicone tubing from the box to inlet pipe. Basically if you buy the TIP you inherent the components of the stage 1 without the filter.
Ah I c so If I buy the inlet pipe just get the filter and bam stage 1 cuz of all other components with it. When you tuned it what gains did you get ,sorry for all the questions

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Ah I c so If I buy the inlet pipe just get the filter and bam stage 1 cuz of all other components with it. When you tuned it what gains did you get ,sorry for all the questions
No prob! Thatā€™s what weā€™re all here for. I ask some of the worst questions sometimes. šŸ˜†

Derekā€™s tune alone is 369whp/384tq & with bolt onā€™s were around 380whp/390tq. Im going based on Luis going to Derek to get tuned who has the same parts as me. Parts in the signature below.

OP
OP
Nivek2slick

Nivek2slick

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura Integra type s
No prob! Thatā€™s what weā€™re all here for. I ask some of the worst questions sometimes. šŸ˜†

Derekā€™s tune alone is 369whp/384tq & with bolt onā€™s were around 380whp/390tq. Im going based on Luis going to Derek to get tuned who has the same parts as me. Parts in the signature below.
I went to your profile and saw all your stuff .damn you've been busy ..lot of little things . I like the gains . I personally want it to sound better for sure . I don't see any info on the prl hvl what is even a prl hvl? lol downpipe sound good too don't wanna be to loud . Lot of the stuff you added was more for bigger gains down the road am I correct ? I haven't modded a car since my rsx waaAay back that I made pretty beastly but whole other convo

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
I went to your profile and saw all your stuff .damn you've been busy ..lot of little things . I like the gains . I personally want it to sound better for sure . I don't see any info on the prl hvl what is even a prl hvl? lol downpipe sound good too don't wanna be to loud . Lot of the stuff you added was more for bigger gains down the road am I correct ? I haven't modded a car since my rsx waaAay back that I made pretty beastly but whole other convo
PRL is coming out with a High Volume Intake either by the end of this month or next from what they told me. Full replacement that will hook up to either stock or PRL TIP. They have a 2 part blog on their website about it. Been working on it for quite a while tho.

A catless downpipe should be louder than catted. My catted setup is definitely not too loud. I havenā€™t heard a catless one in person yet. Or seen one. Lol

And yes, these are just the basic supporting mods to get more out of the OTS tune & itā€™s ready now for turbo/fuel upgrades. Think Iā€™ll just do Kuro or MHI turbo & see how that does before adding fuel. Even a turbo upgrade without fuel can net around 430-450ish whp.

OP
OP
Nivek2slick

Nivek2slick

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura Integra type s
PRL is coming out with a High Volume Intake either by the end of this month or next from what they told me. Full replacement that will hook up to either stock or PRL TIP. They have a 2 part blog on their website about it. Been working on it for quite a while tho.

A catless downpipe should be louder than catted. My catted setup is definitely not too loud. I havenā€™t heard a catless one in person yet. Or seen one. Lol

And yes, these are just the basic supporting mods to get more out of the OTS tune & itā€™s ready now for turbo/fuel upgrades. Think Iā€™ll just do Kuro or MHI turbo & see how that does before adding fuel. Even a turbo upgrade without fuel can net around 430-450ish whp.
So if I do the prl inlet pipe and the drop in filter will that be ok waiting for the high intake to connect to it . Or is that a separate set up .

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
So if I do the prl inlet pipe and the drop in filter will that be ok waiting for the high intake to connect to it . Or is that a separate set up .
Yes that will be fine. They will have an adapter option to connect either the factory or PRL inlets to their new airbox for those 2 setup options for people.