• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

dmorey

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mercedes CLA250, Honda Civic-EX coupe
My dealer in Vermont has been great to deal with (I cancelled my initial order with a New York dealer who decided to add on a $2,500 markup) but even he had to confess that the factory reservation system was a complete joke. I couldn't understand why the factory was shipping dealers a variety of unsold Integras when they already had specific orders with paid deposits and reservation numbers for them. My dealer said they weren't even allowed to place specific customer orders yet; and when I called Acura customer service, they couldn't tell me where my reserved order was or even what the reservation number meant, or why they were shipping other random unsold Integras first.

My salesman told me it could be a couple months before they happened to get in a blue A-Spec/Tech, but I would get first chance at it. Then, he took the initiative to contact a dealer in Connectict who just happened to have one coming in on their next shipment. They were actually able to trade purchase orders, so now the car that I wanted is coming into my dealer next week directly from the factory. Thank you Mr. Littlefield, not Acura.

math4scher

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra - Apex Blue Orchid White Manual
My dealer in Vermont has been great to deal with (I cancelled my initial order with a New York dealer who decided to add on a $2,500 markup) but even he had to confess that the factory reservation system was a complete joke. I couldn't understand why the factory was shipping dealers a variety of unsold Integras when they already had specific orders with paid deposits and reservation numbers for them. My dealer said they weren't even allowed to place specific customer orders yet; and when I called Acura customer service, they couldn't tell me where my reserved order was or even what the reservation number meant, or why they were shipping other random unsold Integras first.

My salesman told me it could be a couple months before they happened to get in a blue A-Spec/Tech, but I would get first chance at it. Then, he took the initiative to contact a dealer in Connectict who just happened to have one coming in on their next shipment. They were actually able to trade purchase orders, so now the car that I wanted is coming into my dealer next week directly from the factory. Thank you Mr. Littlefield, not Acura.
So glad that you stuck to your guns and did not allow the NY thieves to rob you. Hats off to the Vermont dealership! Will you be able to transfer your NFT? Apex Blue/Orchid White Tech Manual? Congrats and I'd love to read your first impressions and view your "baby" pics! THANKS

dmorey

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mercedes CLA250, Honda Civic-EX coupe
We didn't place the initial order in time for the NFT but don't really care about it anyway. My wife doesn't drive stick shift so it's the CVT. One nice thing did happen though... our dealer offered us $14,000 in trade for our 2015 Civic EX coupe (48,500 miles) but we were able to sell it privately on Craiglist for $16,900. (We bought it new 7 & 1/2 years ago for $19,980.) It took 3 days to sell it; faster than for the new Integra to get here.

OP
OP

Chappie44

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra 6MT
So glad that you stuck to your guns and did not allow the NY thieves to rob you. Hats off to the Vermont dealership! Will you be able to transfer your NFT? Apex Blue/Orchid White Tech Manual? Congrats and I'd love to read your first impressions and view your "baby" pics! THANKS
I found out the NFT has no link to the original reservation. Once you have the initial one you just need a VIN in your name to upgrade.