• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

K&N Cold Air Intake

Wheats027

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18 Civic Type R/23 Integra 6spd
Thought I would give the K&N intake a try.
Sure its not as effective at cold air as the stock box, however this one is atleast clever enough to retain the oem air flow inlet from bumper to filter. I do feel like it probably still has pretty decent temps while moving. Hopefully I can get ktuner or hondata and monitor those temps and compare/contrast in future with stock box.

anyways it added just a hint of spice to the car. Nothing crazy. You really only hear the turbo bypass when letting off throttle and turbo suction noises at low rpm/higher load.
I don’t think there is much induction noise difference at all during WOT on your way across the rpm band to redline (which admittedly is a bit disappointing).

See the finished product here and link to youtube video.
Thanks,

020B0CE2-6617-443F-89BC-F9AD2F57B0B2.jpeg
AC586051-BFFD-4715-A0DE-2A5E073C4DCF.jpeg

Last edited:

Ap2Iven

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda s2000 / 10th Gen Civic
Kinda disappointed with the noise difference at higher rpm’s but at low rpm’s it sounds pretty damn good . Unfortunately I want an intake for the higher rpm’s noise and I think this one might not be for me. I also think it’s a beautiful design with the heat shield nonetheless . Do we have any other options but k&N and Prl for intakes on these vehicle?

OP
OP
Wheats027

Wheats027

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Kinda disappointed with the noise difference at higher rpm’s but at low rpm’s it sounds pretty damn good . Unfortunately I want an intake for the higher rpm’s noise and I think this one might not be for me. I also think it’s a beautiful design with the heat shield nonetheless . Do we have any other options but k&N and Prl for intakes on these vehicle?
Doesn’t seem like we do at the moment. I was a bit disappointed like you say. I gave this one a shot hoping for better sound as the prl is a closed box and I can’t imagine the noise would be more than this. 🤷‍♂️

DaNuKidd

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-spec tech
Sounds good. glad to see another Teggy from NY on the forum. I’ve been torn myself on going with the PRL or K&N/similar offerings. As the aftermarket support broadens for this platform there will something for everyone.

OP
OP
Wheats027

Wheats027

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Wonder if it would help for me to do the removal/plugging of the baffling on the intercooler.