• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

NeoDiNardo

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Red Honda Civic Type R
I’m thinking I may have to get an Integra Type S. I don’t want to keep the regular Integra. Although a part of me wants the TLX Type S instead. I just want a really comfortable seat like the TLX has. It’s more deluxe inside.

Understeer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GTI
I’m thinking I may have to get an Integra Type S. I don’t want to keep the regular Integra. Although a part of me wants the TLX Type S instead. I just want a really comfortable seat like the TLX has. It’s more deluxe inside.
At the 60k range, I'd go for a m340i or a ct4 blackwing.

Frosty_DE5

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 LSM ITS
My buddy has a Tiger Eye Pearl TLX Type S - it’s really a beautiful car. However it’s a little big for my taste and the interior is incredibly cramped. Plus the fuel economy is atrocious in the city… but who cares when you’re spending $55k+ :D
Straight line speed should be similar but it really comes down to AWD + 10 speed auto vs. FWD + 6 speed (as well as how much cargo space you need). I would imagine seat comfort will be the same… hopefully?

ijm5012

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
The TLX-S will be quicker off the line due to AWD, but from a roll it’ll be slower. It only has 35 more HP, and weight 800lbs more than an ITS.

It’s a nicer luxury car for sure, but it’s not as practical as the Integra, which has a bigger rear seat, more usable car area, and will get better fuel mileage.

NeoDiNardo

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Right, Integra Type S is better than TLX Type S. I agree. I’ll likely get the Integra Type S, but I was thinking about some more comfortable and more deluxe alternatives. My cap is about $65K with some saving up. Really $55K.

MickleNoot

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
(Soon) '24 Integra Type S, '70 RB26-powered 240Z
Email-blasted a handful of dealers around TX asking about the reservation process. Had one indicate they intend to add $5K markup, so that lead didn't go any further. Wound up putting a deposit down with a local dealership that stated they'll be selling at MSRP and will be receiving 7 allocations. We'll see whether that actually plays out, though.

Last edited:

NeoDiNardo

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I just got on the list for an Integra Type S from my dealer. He wants two color choices from me. Now that it’s real I really want to drive it :) … and I do expect MSRP from them as before.

ijm5012

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
Right, Integra Type S is better than TLX Type S. I agree. I’ll likely get the Integra Type S, but I was thinking about some more comfortable and more deluxe alternatives. My cap is about $65K with some saving up. Really $55K.
I wouldn’t say the ITS is better than the TLX-S.

They’re two performance sedans targeted at different markets/buyers. The ITS appeals more to the hot-hatch buying group, and the TLX-S appeals more to the executive/luxury sport sedan buying group.

Each car has its pros & cons, it’s just a matter of deciding which car would work best for your needs.

Understeer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GTI
The TLX-S will be quicker off the line due to AWD, but from a roll it’ll be slower. It only has 35 more HP, and weight 800lbs more than an ITS.

It’s a nicer luxury car for sure, but it’s not as practical as the Integra, which has a bigger rear seat, more usable car area, and will get better fuel mileage.
from car and driver

" Power builds aggressively, and the surge is eye-opening, but the V-6 is working against a 4201-pound curb weight. We measured a 4.9-second time to 60 mph and a 13.6 quarter-mile at 103 mph. Acura's all-wheel-drive system puts the power down with zero fuss, and the 10-speed automatic flutters through the gears imperceptibly. A rush of torque at low rpm helps keep the transmission from having to hunt for lower gears on hilly freeways. But the TLX Type S falls behind competitors such as the Audi S4, which is similarly powerful but almost 300 pounds lighter and manages 4.2-second runs to 60 mph and a 12.7-second quarter at 110 mph. "

its about fast as your hot hatch but it would get walked by its german competitors, thats what I mean that Acura products are not competitive at its price point. Luckily for Acura the Type R underpinnings is excellent.

NeoDiNardo

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I wouldn’t say the ITS is better than the TLX-S.

They’re two performance sedans targeted at different markets/buyers. The ITS appeals more to the hot-hatch buying group, and the TLX-S appeals more to the executive/luxury sport sedan buying group.

Each car has its pros & cons, it’s just a matter of deciding which car would work best for your needs.
I know, I just agree, the TLX TS pros and cons vs the Integra TS, the Integra TS is a better value and or more desirable for a certain crowd like most of us here. I guess I’d have to do cars like a Blackwing or M3 otherwise. But they cost way more, so I’m back to the Integra TS.

ijm5012

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
from car and driver

" Power builds aggressively, and the surge is eye-opening, but the V-6 is working against a 4201-pound curb weight. We measured a 4.9-second time to 60 mph and a 13.6 quarter-mile at 103 mph. Acura's all-wheel-drive system puts the power down with zero fuss, and the 10-speed automatic flutters through the gears imperceptibly. A rush of torque at low rpm helps keep the transmission from having to hunt for lower gears on hilly freeways. But the TLX Type S falls behind competitors such as the Audi S4, which is similarly powerful but almost 300 pounds lighter and manages 4.2-second runs to 60 mph and a 12.7-second quarter at 110 mph. "

its about fast as your hot hatch but it would get walked by its german competitors, thats what I mean that Acura products are not competitive at its price point. Luckily for Acura the Type R underpinnings is excellent.
I don’t disagree with you, the TLX-S is slower than all its competitors in a straight line. But at what point does additional performance not add anything to the ownership experience?

The TLX-S is more than fast enough to get you in to a shitload of trouble with law enforcement on the street. And nobody is taking their TLX to track days because it’s so overweight (you may have some people take it to a drag strip, but not actual track days).

Yes, an S4 will get to 60mph 0.7s faster. But in normal, everyday public road driving situations, what does it matter? You’re not going to be ripping 0-60 timest each stoplight. No random women are going to throw themselves at you because you beat some Joe Schmoe in the lane next to you.

In a vacuum, the TLX-S is worse than its competition. But nobody is driving a car 10/10’s on the street, so at some point you begin to value other factors of ownership. How the car looks, how reliable it is, what the total cost of ownership will be, etc.

A TLX-S is $56k. An equivalently equipped S4 and M340i are $63-64k. Acura has never been a better performance brand than the Germans. Their biggest selling point is value, as they’re able to undercut the Germans by thousands of dollars, while generally delivering a more reliable product those those that tend to own their cars for a number of years, versus leasing them and swapping them out every couple of years.

Understeer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GTI
then why pay 60k for a performance variant when a 4bang will do? Type S with summer tires is 58 and pmc is 65k. With the worse in class performance, tech, interior space and whatever else I don't see why anyone would buy this over the competition. Just Acura products whole is just so damn disappointing, including the NSX.

ChiroCale

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Honda Ridgeline
I just got on the list for an Integra Type S from my dealer. He wants two color choices from me. Now that it’s real I really want to drive it :) … and I do expect MSRP from them as before.
Getting real now!

NearLeopard

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Integra ASpec/Tech 6MT, 23Mx5 Club Brembo
My local dealer told me online reservations open May 11th - has anybody else heard this? They also confirmed only 200 units will be available to start
New to the forum, excited for the Type S. My dealer in NC said the same. May 11th and 200 cars for the southeast region.

Also was informed that although they are an MSRP dealership (even PMC), this is the first car that will have a markup on it until supply increases. Going to have to take my name and deposit off their list now I guess. Currently looking for other dealers that may 🤞 be more willing to sell at Msrp.