• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Hood Hard to Close?

Hicks2seven

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Tacoma, 2021 CTR
Just something I've noticed with my ITS and was wondering if anyone else is having the same 'issue':

I seem to have to slam my hood down to get it to close properly. I realize these hoods are a bit lighter - but I'm used to the weight of my vehicle's hood being enough to engage the latch properly. For this car I have to apply a good amount of down force.

Anybody else notice the same? Or maybe I need to realign the latching mechanism? I noted there is an awful lot of grease applied to the latch/hook - likely during dealer prep.

NecroFIesh

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra & '07 S2000
Haven't had any clients of ours up here in Woodbridge mentioning this but I'll keep my eyes and ears open for anything. Also, I checked for any related service bulletins and didn't find any. Let us know if the issue persists.

-G

SierraOne

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A-Spec->ITS, '24 X1, '24 Navigator, '14 LR4
Where are you dropping the hood from? I realize the hood is different from the A-Spec hood, but I remember when I first got my A-Spec I had a hard time closing the hood, until I started dropping it from around the half-up position (with respect to the regular position, not the service position).

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
I haven't had an issue with closing, but these Integras seem to have one of the toughest latches to locate/engage--I too had a ton of grease on the latch. Wonderful surprise.

vexingv

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 ITS LCM/Red; '16 BMW M235-xdrive
I had the same issue with the demo at a dealership. I had to ask a salesman to figure out how to even open the thing. And had so much trouble closing it that I left the hood ajar.

jobbins50

First Name
Jobbins
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type-S
Same here, hood difficult to close, tons of grease, and the paint has all chipped off the hook that goes into the latch. Usually the hooks are not painted, rather just galvanized. This is just one of many issues I have with quality. Waiting until I have more miles on it, then bring into dealer to have them assess all the issues found to date.