• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Front light up emblem fogged up

Justpassedu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S2000 , Pilot , 4Runner
Noticed when I went to the front of the car the factory installed light up Acura emblem had a ton of condensation between it . Not sure how it installs as Acura did it. It was a rainy day but this was just with the car sitting . Anyone know if there is someway to open it up ?
IMG_1861.jpeg

peeeduh

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 Integra Type S, '22 MDX A-Spec
Why not bring it back to the dealership to have them replace it since it's under warranty? I believe the whole emblem is held on by double-sided tape wouldn't want to mess it up by opening it up.

OP
OP
Justpassedu

Justpassedu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S2000 , Pilot , 4Runner
Why not bring it back to the dealership to have them replace it since it's under warranty? I believe the whole emblem is held on by double-sided tape wouldn't want to mess it up by opening it up.
I don’t have much time to go to the dealer , plus I’m not really driving it until after winter and I really don’t like bringing my car to the dealer as they always seem to damage something .

vexingv

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'24 ITS LCM/Red; '16 BMW M235-xdrive
access requires bumper removal to get to the back of the emblem. also, these are dealer-installed accessories, so it's not installed at the factory.

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Could be the same situation as when headlights fog up from rain or after washing the car. Just the temp difference from the rain drops to the moisture inside the emblem. Actually same thing happens with wristwatches. Put an ice cube on the crystal of your watch and watch the condensation from the inside of the watch form. Once the temps normalize, the moisture becomes absorbed by the air again.

OP
OP
Justpassedu

Justpassedu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S2000 , Pilot , 4Runner
Could be the same situation as when headlights fog up from rain or after washing the car. Just the temp difference from the rain drops to the moisture inside the emblem. Actually same thing happens with wristwatches. Put an ice cube on the crystal of your watch and watch the condensation from the inside of the watch form. Once the temps normalize, the moisture becomes absorbed by the air again.
I understand that but still don’t think this should be happening if it was sealed properly .

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
Probably. Let us know if it simply dissapears once rain is gone. If there is an abundance of moisture then it would stay fogged for a few days I would think. If it goes away super quick it's probably not compromised.

OP
OP
Justpassedu

Justpassedu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S2000 , Pilot , 4Runner
Probably. Let us know if it simply dissapears once rain is gone. If there is an abundance of moisture then it would stay fogged for a few days I would think. If it goes away super quick it's probably not compromised.
I believe they are Led and waterproof anyway but I wont be around the car again until the weekend so I will check.

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
I don’t have much time to go to the dealer , plus I’m not really driving it until after winter and I really don’t like bringing my car to the dealer as they always seem to damage something .
You are going to want to go for this, they need to remove the bumper to do it, they installed it and not too long ago so just have them fix it, make the time, it isn't that big of a deal, and better than you trying to fix it or replace it in my opinion.
I'd call, explain it and maybe send a pic, then make an appointment for few days or week out, when the weather near you is clear and have them fix it, probably get it done while you wait if you make an appointment, or ask them since you aren't driving it, can they send a tech to you to get it or to repair it there.