• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Finance vs lease

memo90061

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
E350
I've been thinking about the Integra for a month. Still watching videos and reading reviews.
Now I'm wondering about finance vs lease. A sales person said that a lease is the better option because all of the money would go towards the car with no interest IF you lease to own in the end. Is that true? Interest seems to be high right now and I have a good credit score.

What do you all recommend? I know everyone has different needs. Just want to read your thoughts.

KiloFTW

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Integra M/T
I'd recommend doing your own reading on lease buyouts versus financing to find out what makes sense for you.

If you're looking for the lowest out of pocket costs, you'll want hard numbers to do the math.

OP
OP
memo90061

memo90061

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
E350
I’ve been reaching out to different dealers to see if the car has any mark ups and I’m trying to get real numbers. The people keep insisting on me going over to the dealer, but I tell them that I want to see numbers first.

KiloFTW

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Integra M/T
I’ve been reaching out to different dealers to see if the car has any mark ups and I’m trying to get real numbers. The people keep insisting on me going over to the dealer, but I tell them that I want to see numbers first.
Yeah it can be hard to get numbers over the phone. Personally, I don’t mind going to the dealership as I like to window shop, and I’m trying to get first inline for a Type S test drive.

Just have to be willing to walk if you’re not getting the help you need.

Last edited:

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Interest rates are definitely high for auto loans right now, and I'd want to see the lease logic broken down in writing by the dealership's finance office--the salespeople aren't going to be your most reliable source for information when it comes to payment and financing.

I called close to 20 dealerships in the spring and didn't have any issues getting pricing--I've got a standard set of questions, "It says y'all have a ____ on Autotrader, do you have that on the lot today, or is it in transit? Is it already spoken for, or is it still available?" If it's available, I immediate ask, "How do you price your vehicles? Is there a markup over MSRP? Are there mandatory packages or accessories? Anti-theft? Paint protection? An all-season package?" Don't feel pressured to visit a dealership in-person. An honest salesperson should be able to give you all of this information over the phone, but it's much tougher to walk away from a purchase when you as the consumer have sunk the time and energy into physically going to the dealership and have started getting numbers thrown at you.

Also watch out for stuff like, "Oh yeah, we sell at MSRP... plus X adjustment/fee/etc." MSRP is MSRP. MSRP + whatevertheywanttocallit isn't MSRP. I had a few sales guys try to tell me various names for their price adjustment and insist that it was something other than a markup.

OP
OP
memo90061

memo90061

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
E350
Yes! That's what I've noticed. Some don't have a mark up, but it has extras I'm not interested in.

daveyp225

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 Jeep Patriot, 2023 Integra A-spec, 6MT
They have a 3.9% offer at acura for the integra, which is not as bad compared to banks (5.5%+). Put down as much as you can afford to of course. If you put down the typical 10%, you're paying around 4k above msrp in the end.

If you do decide to lease, put as little down as possible (zero, ideally). You end up paying the same amount either way. If the car gets totaled, anything you put down disappears.

Last edited:

2006rsx

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 RSX. Also owned a 1998 GS-R
Anyone looking to but: Acura is now offering cash back on finance and lease deals which include the integra. They also are offering 750.00 if you buy and already own a 2013 or newer acura.