• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

RB2490

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 wrx, 2015nissan juke nismo, 15 scion frs
Did a little highway test in the different drive modes to see if there is a difference in performance. Check it out here

JohnV

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'13 Ford C-Max Energi '19 Acura RDX
Thanks for the detailed look! It appears that you were running in 4th on the manual. I usually run in comfort, and flip to sport when I'm looking for responsiveness, but I might want to do that for a bit more acceleration. Surprised the Normal and sport were the same.

OP
OP
RB2490

RB2490

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thanks for the detailed look! It appears that you were running in 4th on the manual. I usually run in comfort, and flip to sport when I'm looking for responsiveness, but I might want to do that for a bit more acceleration. Surprised the Normal and sport were the same.
Yes all runs were done in fourth gear. I did 2 on each settings and comfort mode was pretty much 4.8 to 5.0. Normal had 4.2 and 4.1 and then sport had 4.1 and 4.3 so to me there was no difference. In terms of performance during normal driving I feel a difference between each mode. Sport mode is very responsive jbut I think wide open throttle not much changes and comfort being slower was probably just a delay in throttle input.

BKK Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 LCM/Red ASpec Tech 6MT
Yes all runs were done in fourth gear. I did 2 on each settings and comfort mode was pretty much 4.8 to 5.0. Normal had 4.2 and 4.1 and then sport had 4.1 and 4.3 so to me there was no difference. In terms of performance during normal driving I feel a difference between each mode. Sport mode is very responsive jbut I think wide open throttle not much changes and comfort being slower was probably just a delay in throttle input.
You're probably right about the delay in comfort mode. I've tried it a few times on the interstate and it feels I have to go mostly to the floor to get any sort of response.

OP
OP
RB2490

RB2490

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
You're probably right about the delay in comfort mode. I've tried it a few times on the interstate and it feels I have to go mostly to the floor to get any sort of response.
Yea I think there is a delay most likely to get better fuel economy.

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport 6MT, 2022 Odyssey
I slowed down the footage and timed all your runs. If the speedo is accurate (and I know that's a big IF) then all 3 runs that you posted were almost identical. In fact, the first run supposedly in comfort was actually the quickest. 🤷‍♂️

OP
OP
RB2490

RB2490

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I slowed down the footage and timed all your runs. If the speedo is accurate (and I know that's a big IF) then all 3 runs that you posted were almost identical. In fact, the first run supposedly in comfort was actually the quickest. 🤷‍♂️
It's hard to time from the video because of a few reasons.
1. Digital speedo skips speeds so its hard to judge when the car triggers 60mph
2. Digital speedo,gps speeds and obd2 speeds are all different. Still trying to figure this out. I'll try and post a video on this.

I did the run twice on all modes and the results were the same.

So for this car getting some type of app that determines speeds and has consistent accuracy is better than time frame videos.

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport 6MT, 2022 Odyssey
It's hard to time from the video because of a few reasons.
1. Digital speedo skips speeds so its hard to judge when the car triggers 60mph
2. Digital speedo,gps speeds and obd2 speeds are all different. Still trying to figure this out. I'll try and post a video on this.

I did the run twice on all modes and the results were the same.

So for this car getting some type of app that determines speeds and has consistent accuracy is better than time frame videos.
I took my tuned civic hatch out for some runs the other day to see how it compares. Like you, I was right around 4.0, maybe 4.1 in 4th gear. I found 3rd gear to be significantly quicker, in the 3.4-3.5s ballpark. No surprise there as my boost pressure maxes out between 4.5k-6k which is the sweet spot for those speeds in 3rd. Cheers!

OP
OP
RB2490

RB2490

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I took my tuned civic hatch out for some runs the other day to see how it compares. Like you, I was right around 4.0, maybe 4.1 in 4th gear. I found 3rd gear to be significantly quicker, in the 3.4-3.5s ballpark. No surprise there as my boost pressure maxes out between 4.5k-6k which is the sweet spot for those speeds in 3rd. Cheers!
Nice, I've always liked the civic hatch. I haven't tried 60-80 tuned yet or in 3rd gear. I just reapplied the tune maybe 3 days ago. I went back to factory for a video I'm doing on real world performance of the integra. Hopefully I'll have that out very soon.