• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Do Integras "go to sleep" after being parked a few days?

Blek le Roc

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'73 Alfa GTV, '24 ITS
Over the holidays I parked my ITS at an airport parking garage. When I returned seven days later the auto-unlock did not activate when I walked up to the car and pressing the key fob unlock button had no effect.

Finally, after about 10 seconds of no response the doors unlocked. Since then everything has been normal.

I've searched all over in the manual and couldn't find anything.

Any clues?

TIA

TrackRider54

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 A-Spec Tech
I can't speak about the Integra, but many cars have a low voltage "power save" mode. Once the battery voltage drops to a specific point, the vehicle will shut down battery draws.

OP
OP

Blek le Roc

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'73 Alfa GTV, '24 ITS
It could be that, but in my case there are only about 2200 miles on the car, and as best I can tell my battery is fine. The car cranked and started as usual when I finally did get in.

sayonara

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S 2015 Alfa Romeo 4C LE
I've noticed the same thing a few times but the car didn't need to be sitting for a couple of days. After several seconds everything goes back to normal.

Nickp15

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Integra Type S
Over the holidays I parked my ITS at an airport parking garage. When I returned seven days later the auto-unlock did not activate when I walked up to the car and pressing the key fob unlock button had no effect.

Finally, after about 10 seconds of no response the doors unlocked. Since then everything has been normal.

I've searched all over in the manual and couldn't find anything.

Any clues?

TIA
Haven't encountered this issue on my ITS. Could weather be a factor? Do temps get really low where yo are at? I'm in Miami for reference.

OP
OP

Blek le Roc

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'73 Alfa GTV, '24 ITS
Haven't encountered this issue on my ITS. Could weather be a factor? Do temps get really low where yo are at? I'm in Miami for reference.
It was coldish (compared to Miami - in the 30's) but nothing the car had not seen before.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
It was coldish (compared to Miami - in the 30's) but nothing the car had not seen before.
I’m in your area as well & have not had these issues yet. I’ve only had the ITS since August. I’ve let the car sit several days sometimes while installing parts but not sure if it’s sat 1 full week during one of those times without me having the key fob nearby to detect or starting it up.

thosport

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra Type-S
I had the same thing happen to me this past weekend. I’m in AZ so it certainly wasn’t related to cold weather. I parked it for about 5 min and had the issue when I returned.

OP
OP

Blek le Roc

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'73 Alfa GTV, '24 ITS
I parked it for about 5 min and had the issue when I returned.
Hmmm. Well, I guess the simplest thing to do is wait and see if it happens again, and if it does talk to the dealer.

In your case it certainly wasn't due to being parked for a long time.

DaNuKidd

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-spec tech
I can confirm this after a few days Acuralink will even stop refreshing the car data if the car has sat off for a few days. I’m not sure the exact day count and I’m sure cold weather plays a factor into this as well. I only drive my teggy on the weekends most of the time and by time I go to drive the car again I can’t get the Acuralink data to refresh. Give me til weekend I’ll confirm if the remote commands stop working. I don’t intend on driving the car for at least the next 7 days.

DaNuKidd

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-spec tech
It’s sleeping lol. I can’t refresh any data from the Acuralink app. Last time I drove the car was 1/1.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Haven't had this issue. Only time I have issues with auto unlock is when the fob is in my pocket with my phone. Some reason messes up the signal. I had mine parked for two weeks and it unlocked like normal when I went back to it.