• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Blue/Orchid newborns?

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
I’m a bit bummed at the moment. My dealer who has been spot on and very communicative made a well intentioned error. Nothing major. But on the Acura configurator it searches your area for what you built.

Last night I see the demo my dealer JUST got showing “on lot” and I see a blue tech CVT “in transit”. My build dates are 5/31-6/4 so I think this is mine and it’s on the way!

Turns out the dealer got a transfer from another dealer for something they had allocated. The transfer is a blue tech CVT. Even though I was the dealers first preorder, they assigned it to someone else who preordered the same combo well after me. They didn’t give it to me for 2 reasons. They didn’t want to pull my name off my build and then the transfer not happen or get delayed. And they were worried that if I didn’t get the one with my original reservation number attached that I’d lose my NFT.

So I get it and appreciate their thorough thoughtfulness. BUT I’m still a bit jelly. I wanted to be first! Lol. That said I’m only a week behind it so it’s not a huge deal.

OP
OP

math4scher

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra - Apex Blue Orchid White Manual
I’m a bit bummed at the moment. My dealer who has been spot on and very communicative made a well intentioned error. Nothing major. But on the Acura configurator it searches your area for what you built.

Last night I see the demo my dealer JUST got showing “on lot” and I see a blue tech CVT “in transit”. My build dates are 5/31-6/4 so I think this is mine and it’s on the way!

Turns out thedealer got a transfer from another dealer for something they had allocated. It is a blue tech CVT. Even though I was the dealers first preorder, they assigned it to someone else who preordered well after me. They didn’t give it to me for 2 reasons. They didn’t want to pull my name off my build and then the transfer not happen or get delayed. And they were worried that if I didn’t get the one with my original reservation number attached that I’d lose my NFT.

So I get it and appreciate their thorough thought. BUT I’m still a bit bitter. I wanted to be first! Lol. That said I’m only a week behind it so it’s not a huge deal.
Sorry about that, but it will be here before you know it and it will be worth the wait! Definitely understand why you’re a bit bummed, but it sounds like the dealership meant well - as you alluded to/understood.

If you feel comfortable in doing so, then please tell me the name of the dealership and/or the location of the dealership and/or the anticipated/quoted price out the door - as I am very curious being from Florida myself. If you don’t feel comfortable, then I totally understand.

Moreover, I’d like to thank you for always sharing your thoughts, comments, insights, etc.

P.S. Congrats are in order to anyone yet on their Blue/Orchid newborn?

Last edited:
OP
OP

math4scher

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I am beginning to wonder the following: Were less Blue/Orchid Manuals pre-ordered or are they just being born/transported at a later date? Any thoughts out there?

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
I am beginning to wonder the following: Were less Blue/Orchid Manuals pre-ordered or are they just being born/transported at a later date? Any thoughts out there?
I think that since we’ve seen a ton of black gray and white and significantly less blue, that it was probably logistically easier to do blue last. It’s a aspec exclusive color. So the base doesn’t come in blue. They built a lot of base already, my dealer is getting some already. So start with colors that the base comes in. Then build the blues.

Last edited:
OP
OP

math4scher

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I found out today that any n

I think that since we’ve seen a ton of black gray and white and significantly less blue, that it was probably logistically easier to do blue last. It’s a aspec exclusive color. So the base doesn’t come in blue. They built a lot of base already, my dealer is getting some already. So start with colors that the base comes in. Then build the blues.
Thank you so very much for your perfectly rational explanation - it makes total sense! You deserve to take A BOW (Apex Blue Orchid White) for that!

OP
OP

math4scher

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Just tested drove the demo and got my VIN. She’s on the way!
Congrats! That is awesome! Your baby is on its way. Remind me again, she's an Apex Blue/Orchid White CVT or Manual? Baby pics forthcoming? By the way, how did the demo drive?

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Congrats! That is awesome! Your baby is on its way. Remind me again, she's an Apex Blue/Orchid White CVT or Manual? Baby pics forthcoming? By the way, how did the demo drive?
CVT. The demo was carbon and red manual. My take aways are, the seat and wheel and gauges are perfect distances apart. The infotainment is within easy reach. I loved the drivers assistance and hud. Seeing the lane centering in the hud and in the gauges seeing the small teggy move accurately in the digital lane was cool.

My issues with it were exclusive to the manual actually. I felt that the clutch pedal was to close to the brake pedal. The clutch was super light but the high engagement would take some getting used to. And the shifter felt to small for my hand. These are all highly subjective though.

I loved the power. Definitely felt some turbo lag. But it moves well.

OP
OP

math4scher

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CVT. The demo was carbon and red manual. My take aways are, the seat and wheel and gauges are perfect distances apart. The infotainment is within easy reach. I loved the drivers assistance and hud. Seeing the lane centering in the hud and in the gauges seeing the small teggy move accurately in the digital lane was cool.

My issues with it were exclusive to the manual actually. I felt that the clutch pedal was to close to the brake pedal. The clutch was super light but the high engagement would take some getting used to. And the shifter felt to small for my hand. These are all highly subjective though.

I loved the power. Definitely felt some turbo lag. But it moves well.
Thanks for sharing your first impressions - and first impressions is everything!

dmorey

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mercedes CLA250, Honda Civic-EX coupe
Regarding the Apex Blue/Orchid, Northeast Acura in Latham, NY has a manual sitting on their lot for sale plus two unsold Blue/Orchid CVT models on the way along with another Blue/Ebony manual with the tech package. You're in a different part of the country but that shouldn't matter as they're all coming out of the same Ohio plant; so you should be seeing a lot of blue at your dealers soon. My one Acura dealer in Vermont didn't show any Apex Blue coming to them anytime soon so he contacted a dealer in Connecticut and they traded purchase orders, with the factory's consent. My salesperson emailed me today to say that I should receive my Apex Blue/Orchid CVT with tech package within the next 10 days, straight from the factory. Price is msrp plus $245 doc fee, period. I'll pay sales tax and registration fees to the state.

OP
OP

math4scher

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Regarding the Apex Blue/Orchid, Northeast Acura in Latham, NY has a manual sitting on their lot for sale plus two unsold Blue/Orchid CVT models on the way along with another Blue/Ebony manual with the tech package. You're in a different part of the country but that shouldn't matter as they're all coming out of the same Ohio plant; so you should be seeing a lot of blue at your dealers soon. My one Acura dealer in Vermont didn't show any Apex Blue coming to them anytime soon so he contacted a dealer in Connecticut and they traded purchase orders, with the factory's consent. My salesperson emailed me today to say that I should receive my Apex Blue/Orchid CVT with tech package within the next 10 days, straight from the factory. Price is msrp plus $245 doc fee, period. I'll pay sales tax and registration fees to the state.
Thanks for sharing/the clarification and congrats on your forthcoming baby - it's very nice to know that not all babies are being kidnapped/expecting ransom money for their delivery!