• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Best place to mount dash cam?

Integrablue77

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-spec
I have a thinkware q800 dash cam and im going to get it professionally installed. Would it be ok to put it on the passengers side of center (see pic) or would the drivers side be better? Im thinking of mounting it as high up as possible, about a half cm from the top of windshield.

Could mounting it too close to those censors behind the rearview mirror cause a problem?

1677385541970.jpeg

Thanks

treyk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT
I just installed a Thinkware U1000 front and rear I don't know about the q800 but the way the U1000 slides into its rubber windshield mount I couldn't put it where the red circle is because the trim at the top middle would block it. I ended up just going right down the middle and It looks nice with the way the hood is shaped. I'll take a picture of what the dash cam looks like installed tomorrow but for now I'll just send a picture of what it looks like through my camera. For the rear camera I had to let out a good amount of wire due to the fact its a hatch and the wire comes out of the back where the headliner is before the hatch. You can mount it directly to the headliner in the back but I didn't like the visibility or wanted to risk the headliner sagging in the future.
front image.png
rear image.png

treyk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT
I have a thinkware q800 dash cam and im going to get it professionally installed. Would it be ok to put it on the passengers side of center (see pic) or would the drivers side be better? Im thinking of mounting it as high up as possible, about a half cm from the top of windshield.

Could mounting it too close to those censors behind the rearview mirror cause a problem?

1677385541970.jpeg

Thanks
Got some images of it installed . Here they are. The dashcam really doesn't block any visibility and i forget it's there most of the time.
WhatsApp Image 2023-02-27 at 12.01.36 (1).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2023-02-27 at 12.01.37.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2023-02-27 at 12.01.37 (1).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2023-02-27 at 12.01.36.jpeg

OP
OP

Integrablue77

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-spec
Got some images of it installed . Here they are. The dashcam really doesn't block any visibility and i forget it's there most of the time.
WhatsApp Image 2023-02-27 at 12.01.36 (1).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2023-02-27 at 12.01.37.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2023-02-27 at 12.01.37 (1).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2023-02-27 at 12.01.36.jpeg
Did you get yours hardwired into the fuse box?

StormtrooperTK421

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec Tech

1677385541970.jpeg

Thanks
I just installed a Rove dashcam in that area. It's perfect because I don't see it when driving and I haven't had any problems with any sensors.

FYI if you are looking into professional installation because you're worried about hiding the wires, know that it's VERY easy to install without virtually ANY wires showing. The only trim pieces you have to remove are the piece at the end of the right hand side of the dash which is hidden when the passenger door is shut and the trim piece that goes around the glovebox and down to the shifter. Those pop right off and you can hide the cords in there. The rest of the cords can be tucked into where the headliner meets the windshield (there's actually a very large gap there, to my surprise) and into the A pillar using a plastic trim remover tool. Here are some pics.

IMG_0509[1].jpg

IMG_0510[1].jpg

IMG_0511[1].jpg

IMG_0512[1].jpg

My camera is plugged into the 12 volt adapter via a USB plug.

treyk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT
Did you get yours hardwired into the fuse box?
Sorry for the late reply. But yeah it’s hardwired into the fuse box. Some people recommend getting a battery pack as well for the dash cam but I don’t know how worth it it is because it’s quite expensive.

VTEC4ME

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra 6MT
Sorry for the late reply. But yeah it’s hardwired into the fuse box. Some people recommend getting a battery pack as well for the dash cam but I don’t know how worth it it is because it’s quite expensive.
What fuse did you tap in to hardwire it? Do you have a pic of the fuse box with it hardwired?

VTEC4ME

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra 6MT
Figured it out. Got me a circuit tester. If you installed the 2023 Accord Homelink Mirror like I did and used Fuse 18 as part of the harness installation as outlined in the instructions, you can use that for your Constant. Even if you didnt install the mirror, Fuse 18 can be used for your constant. Tested with the circuit tester and confirmed it has constant power to be used for Parking Mode.

Fuse 18 (15A) can be tapped for Constant power
Fuse 45 (10A) can be tapped for ACC