• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

CYBR808

First Name
Kai
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20/'23 Civic Type R
Pardon my ignorance but I'm starting to feel like Acura has to sell ME the car lmao

Same destination fee as the CTR for a car manufactured and shipped from Ohio? They either got to wipe the destination fee and then add TTL or I'm keeping this FL5 when it comes my way.

nerfrevolver

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Maybe the ITS will be worse than the CTR? I doubt it. So yes, Iā€™d say the ITS will be vastly more fun as a street car if youā€™re comparing manual to manual.

It also depends how many cars you have and for what purpose. For those who already have an automatic ā€˜latest and greatestā€™ car, the ITS/CTR are basically perfect daily fun beaters. If itā€™s going to be your only car and you want to get the most spec sheet for $50-80k, maybe thatā€™s different. Depends on use case.
This is exactly it. So many people just look at spec sheets as a be-all end-all when comparing cars. I hate carwow videos plaguing my youtube feed where they drag out a drag race video for 10 minutes that tells me nothing about how a car drives. Most people will not track any of these performance cars and even fewer will be able to push the limits of these cars. I have a friend with a Mustang GT that dismisses anything more expensive and slower in a quarter mile time. He puts around the city under the speed limit 99% of the time.

There isn't really much options for an everyday car with a slick manual, gear ratio that allows me to shift into 3rd without going to jail, an easy progressive clutch without much take up, 4 seats adults fit in, 300 hp+, <3.2k curb weight, >20 city mpg, fun to toss around corners but not punishing on bad roads under 60k. Lots of used options but for my next car I just want a reverse camera and Apple CarPlay as my luxury features. RWD would be nice but I can live with it as they seem to have quelled torque steer.

Last edited:

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
I wouldn't count on it. Its going to be more available than the CTR by the looks of it, but its still going to be a low volume car. Even enthusiast cars that have been out for a long time like a 340i or a Mustang GT take some effort to get right now. 200 in the first batch and I'd guess probably a few thousand through the end of the year. For everyone here who is pulling out over the price, there's 2 or 3 people with more money than brains who have been unable to get a CTR and will take this at or near MSRP.
Time will tell.
Being made in Ohio helps, being overpriced to many helps some as well.
No way to tell what will happen with this car, l but I am hopeful that I will be able to get one when I'm ready in December or so.
Fingers crossed.

MickleNoot

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
(Soon) '24 Integra Type S, '70 RB26-powered 240Z
This is exactly it. So many people just look at spec sheets as a be-all end-all when comparing cars. I hate carwow videos plaguing my youtube feed where they drag out a drag race video for 10 minutes that tells me nothing about how a car drives. Most people will not track any of these performance cars and even fewer will be able to push the limits of these cars. I have a friend with a Mustang GT that dismisses anything more expensive and slower in a quarter mile time. He puts around the city under the speed limit 99% of the time.

There isn't really much options for an everyday car with a slick manual, gear ratio that allows me to shift into 3rd without going to jail, an easy progressive clutch without much take up, 4 seats adults fit in, 300 hp+, <3.2k curb weight, >20 city mpg, fun to toss around corners but not punishing on bad roads under 60k. Lots of used options but for my next car I just want a reverse camera and Apple CarPlay as my luxury features. RWD would be nice but I can live with it as they seem to have quelled torque steer.
Just FYI, I've felt more torque steer from Haldex AWD systems than from my FK8 when I had it, and they have allegedly improved the geometry ever-so-slightly with the FL5\ITS.

lumper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2007 Nissan 350z
Just wait for the 24 Elantra N. They fixed the nose and they will likely improve the interior and hopefully add power.
Personally it is either a Honda or a Toyota or I dont spend my money.
Not interested in a Hyundai and their QC issues, this all started for me, considering a Civic sport for reliability, and found my way here.
Now after seeing the Type S, I really want this to be my daily.

Understeer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GTI
Just FYI, I've felt more torque steer from Haldex AWD systems than from my FK8 when I had it, and they have allegedly improved the geometry ever-so-slightly with the FL5\ITS.
new gen doesn't have that issue because they are active instead of passive.

MickleNoot

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
(Soon) '24 Integra Type S, '70 RB26-powered 240Z
new gen doesn't have that issue because they are active instead of passive.
Good to know. My ignorant ass had pretty much written off Haldex systems, but it makes sense they'd have improved in the ~10 years since I last drove one.

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
911 targa, Model Y, Civic SI
When the fl5 was announced, it was initially met with waves of outrage over the MSRP. Then, slowly, the narrative began to shift as more and more people began to rationalize the MSRP until the narrative was that was it was actually a bargain. It's humorous to see the exact same scenario unfolding here.

Goes to show that the MSRP Acura chose probably isn't going to hurt their sales. We can all bitch and moan that it's not 48k, and I'm just as unhappy as everyone else, but I suspect Acura is going to move these just fine. I still canceled my deposit, I just can't justify the cost, but clearly others can.

NeoDiNardo

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Red Honda Civic Type R
So if an ITS is sitting an Acura dealer at about $52K MSRP/Delivery, and the Honda dealer down the street has a CTR at about $45 MSRP/Delivery, that only leaves about a $7K markup delta for the CTR before itā€™s hits the price of an ITS. And the average CTR markup is at least $10K from my calls. Would anyone buy a CTR at the same price as or even more than a ITS? I would not. So does that mean CTR prices will go down, no matter how rare?

Understeer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GTI
So if an ITS is sitting an Acura dealer at about $52K MSRP/Delivery, and the Honda dealer down the street has a CTR at about $45 MSRP/Delivery, that only leaves about a $7K markup delta for the CTR before itā€™s hits the price of an ITS. And the average CTR markup is at least $10K from my calls. Would anyone buy a CTR at the same price as a ITS? I would not. So does that mean CTR prices will go down, no matter how rare?
i'd go rwd or awd for 50k.

Decks515

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-spec 6mt
From a person who bought the a-spec 6-speed ... I saw the same mile long thread of complaints about price or "its not what I dreamed", take your blinders off. The regular integra sold at almost the same price difference to the si. While we may not be in the middle of the production crisis of the pandemic, it will take several years for production to catch up to demand and this price is actually reasonable in this market.

Many of the changes are also likely the result of the surveys sent to those who already voted with our wallets once, my biggest complaint on the car was having a sunroof as standard ...

I won't be buying a type s right away because it doesn't make sense for me having only got my car 7 months ago. I will be waiting until they announce the PCM edition then decide if I want a PCM in Long Beach Blue or "just" a type s in the next year

js4square

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic lx 2016 MT
I live in Las Vegas and went to an Acura dealer with 4 TLX Type S and a couple A Spec Integras plus many regular Integras. He did not like me pointing out how they sit but that was after he told me it'd be 20k over sticker for the ITS. And I was the only customer parked in the lot lol

A base civic hatch with a tacked on wing šŸ˜‚ that was my first impression until I saw how wide it was in person. Honda should've made the OEM carbon fiber wing the standard but just without the carbon I guess if they wanted to save money. Looks more aggressive and bigger.

C%E3%82%A4%E3%83%A1%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B7-2-1658845584.jpg

08f02-t60-1007.jpg
To each is own.. I hate this wing
So if an ITS is sitting an Acura dealer at about $52K MSRP/Delivery, and the Honda dealer down the street has a CTR at about $45 MSRP/Delivery, that only leaves about a $7K markup delta for the CTR before itā€™s hits the price of an ITS. And the average CTR markup is at least $10K from my calls. Would anyone buy a CTR at the same price as or even more than a ITS? I would not. So does that mean CTR prices will go down, no matter how rare?
at same price I would take the CTR ā€¦ but im talking in Canadian pricingā€¦ ITS USA pricing is outrageous

CYBR808

First Name
Kai
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20/'23 Civic Type R
To each is own.. I hate this

at same price I would take the CTR ā€¦ but im talking in Canadian pricingā€¦ ITS USA pricing is outrageous
How about the aftermarket Spoon swan neck wing? or is this a bit too ricer. Can't wait to see what the aftermarket is like for the ITS.

pparently-even-more-porsche-vibes-v0-wdskybsb9pba1.jpg

27905452_845080603262474_3607593010397822705_n-jpg.jpg

Understeer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GTI
I won't be buying a type s right away because it doesn't make sense for me having only got my car 7 months ago. I will be waiting until they announce the PCM edition then decide if I want a PCM in Long Beach Blue or "just" a type s in the next year
60k integra for a color. People just have too much credit.