• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

18" wheels: How much clearance between caliper and barrel?

RCX

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 FK8 -> 2023 GR Corolla -> 2024 Integra Type S
For those of you running 18" wheels how much space do you have between the front calipers and the wheel barrel? Could you post pics or measure or just estimate?

I swapped the 20s on my FK8 with 18" Weds RN05Ms and caliper clearance was <5mm. Something got stuck once in there once and scratched the hub and the caliper.

I fitted one on the ITS and it looked even closer, like 2mm. So I sold them instead of using them for winters.

weds2.jpg

Hard to see in the picture but you get the idea.

Looking for winter wheels and want to have appropriate clearance.

Thanks.

jquelch

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S - Apex Blue Pearl
I just installed 18" Enkei TS-V wheels last night. Hard to measure but I'd ballpark there is 1/4" between the caliper and the wheel.
IMG_3984.jpeg

Blek le Roc

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'73 Alfa GTV, '24 ITS
It's tough to measure down in there, but I'd say that there is at least a quarter of an inch between the cylindrical portion of my Enkei Triumph 18Ă—9.5 and the closest bit of the brake caliper.

Plus, the Tire Rack web site offers that wheel as an option for the ITS.

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
It's tough to measure down in there, but I'd say that there is at least a quarter of an inch between the cylindrical portion of my Enkei Triumph 18Ă—9.5 and the closest bit of the brake caliper.

Plus, the Tire Rack web site offers that wheel as an option for the ITS.
Hey, can we get some pics of the enkei TS-V's on the car? thinking of this for my budget Track wheel set up. you can DM me if you prefer. thanks so much!

jquelch

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hey, can we get some pics of the enkei TS-V's on the car? thinking of this for my budget Track wheel set up. you can DM me if you prefer. thanks so much!
18” Enkei TS-V example. Haven’t had them on too long but really like the look of them. Let me know if you need other angles.
IMG_3974.jpeg

IMG_3982.jpeg

IMG_4014.jpeg

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
That's great. thanks. yes it does look good. I'm debating between those and some other forged wheels costing twice as much. The forged options only weigh a pound or three less, so it's really hard to decide.

Kvtran21

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
It looks pretty tight, but there’s some space to give. Probably 1/4 - 1/2 of an inch

IMG_5538.jpeg

crepr12

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS Black on Black
Do tell...whats the desire for 18 inch wheels selection, cost or weight?

jquelch

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Do tell...whats the desire for 18 inch wheels selection, cost or weight?
A taller sidewall ideally gives a slightly better ride and less chance to bend a rim. Price is also a consideration, dropping to 18 and to a narrower wheel makes tires a bit cheaper.

StingertimeNC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Integra Type S
weight, and the ability to run a larger sidewall and still keep the overall circumference the same. At the same time, you can change the offset slightly for a better stance. Of course their may be negative handling consequences to all this, who knows.