• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
There's really no such thing as a Honda "sport tuned" CVT. The 1.5T will likely get the Civic's CVT unit with paddle shifters.

As far as the CVT hate. Pretty much all my cars have been manual. My 10th gen Civic 1.5T is my first CVT car. At first I hated it. Hated the way it sounded and felt.

But I do think it actually mates well to the 1.5T overall. Power is there for any situation. In time I began to appreciate it a bit more. I've been tuned nearly 4 years and tuning basically made my car much more fun to drive even with the CVT.
Not right now on the Sport Tuned CVT but think about what Subaru did with the WRX being a ā€œSport Tunedā€ automatic when in reality itā€™s a CVT with 8 speeds of simulations. But letā€™s wait and see. As of right now Iā€™m predicting on what it could be.

CVTā€™s though I donā€™t have to much of an issue with them. I think why most donā€™t like it personally is just the whole high revving of it when accelerating. Most people, like myself, like having gears rather then a rubber band like affect transmission.

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18 CTR(Sold), 19 TLX, 21 Veloster N(sold)
Iā€™m pretty sure that the base will end up getting the CVT from Civic.
That would be a deal breaker for me tho :(
I donā€™t know, maybe I should give it a try.
Maximaā€™s CVT wasnā€™t tooo bad and Hyundai taught me how crappy DCT can be too so weā€™ll see.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
Hyundaiā€™s 1.6T come with the 7 Speed DCT. Base Elantra comes with CVT connected to 2.0L NA. Plus base doesnā€™t give you Manual like the Integra will only way to get a Manual is the N-Line or N model.

djlythium

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
I wonder to what degree theyā€™re saying this just to come out later with the Integra Coupe, tagline ā€˜We listenedā„¢ļø to our enthusiastic community!ā€™

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hyundaiā€™s 1.6T come with the 7 Speed DCT. Base Elantra comes with CVT connected to 2.0L NA. Plus base doesnā€™t give you Manual like the Integra will only way to get a Manual is the N-Line or N model.
Performance wise I think Integra will be close to the N line, but The 7DCT in the N line is just not good enough imo.
6MT in both N line and N are not on the same level as Honda's either.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Whats sad is that even with how many coupes have left the market, those people are not really moving to the coupes left. Some are. But with the Altima, Civic, Accord coupes and the Focus, and Golf 2 doors gone those buyers are going to the Miata, 86/BRZ or Mustang EcoBoost. But more of them are just going to a 4 door instead.

Coupe sales were SO low on the Civic and Accord that trying to merge those sales to just 1 car was still not enough profit motivation. I can't think of a single FWD coupe, so it would have had the WHOLE market to itself, and that still wasn't enough driving force.
I remember when my buddy traded his e92 m3, and instead of getting an m4, the new 2 door, he stuck with the m3. 4 doors just made more sense to him.

Most people if given the same car with a 2 and 4 door option will pick the 4 door. Even if theyā€™re single people. Itā€™s just more roomy and you donā€™t have to flip a seat forward if you need to give friends a ride.

Iā€™m sure they would have sold a lot of coupes. But theyā€™ll sell even more of this 5 door. And it cost them a ton less than the 2 door would have.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Many hoped for an Si hatch that offered both a manual and either a traditional auto or DCT. Then along comes the Integra hatch that kind of answered the prayers...

Except...

Reading into that article about the Integra Coupe not being feasible likely tells us something else. Being Civic based, the 1.5T powered base Integra will feature a manual and, unfortunately, a CVT.
I VERY much doubt a luxury brand like Acura would put in a CVT. When he refered to a coupe not being feasible due to there not being a civic coupe heā€™s referring to the body itself. It would be too expensive to make a coupe body just for 1 model. By keeping it 4 door itā€™s essentially the same strategy as Toyota and BMW comaking the Supra/Z4. One set of bones cost covers 2 models.

That doesnā€™t apply to drivetrain however. They have several motors and several transmissions in their arsenal. Itā€™s just about matching them up and tuning, which has to be done on a new model anyway. So that isnā€™t to costly.

Last edited:

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
I think they fully knew that a small crossover would sell better than a small sedan/hatch without even trying, but they really wanted to try and give fans and enthusiasts SOMETHING other than another crossover. So it makes sense they'd want the integra hatch to be as versatile and useable as possible to hopefully win back some of those potential crossover sales if they can see that the Integra would be just as useful.
Might also explain the extra length. More trunk space. Be as versatile as possible like you said, while still being smaller. Remember the ZDX? That didnā€™t sell well. This is a good middle ground.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Iā€™m pretty sure that the base will end up getting the CVT from Civic.
That would be a deal breaker for me tho :(
I donā€™t know, maybe I should give it a try.
Maximaā€™s CVT wasnā€™t tooo bad and Hyundai taught me how crappy DCT can be too so weā€™ll see.
Hyundais original in house built 7 speed DCT on the 1.6T was terrible. Had one in a 2016 Tucson. But their new ā€œwetā€ 8 speed DCT is phenomenal. An absolutely amazing transmission.

The ILX 8 speed DCT would be my ideal choice for the base.

Last edited:

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Performance wise I think Integra will be close to the N line, but The 7DCT in the N line is just not good enough imo.
6MT in both N line and N are not on the same level as Honda's either.
They still use the 7dct? They bailed on it in 2019 I thought for a traditional auto and then came out with the wet 8dct in 2020/2021. The N veloster has the 8dct.

Hondabob

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Si
Hyundais orogonal in house built 7 speed (whatever it was) DCT on the 1.6T was terrible. Had one in a 2016 Tucson. But their new ā€œwetā€ 8 speed DCT is phenomenal. An absolutely amazing transmission.

The ILX 8 speed DCT would be my ideal choice for the base.
Yep agreed. ILX 8 speed would be my choice as well. Other similar cars in the price range all use regular DCT/autos:
Mazda 3 / GTI / A3 / Hyundai / Lexus. Main exception is subaru.

I donā€™t think thereā€™s any high end car with a CVT that comes to mind.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Yep agreed. ILX 8 speed would be my choice as well. Other similar cars in the price range all use regular DCT/autos:
Mazda 3 / GTI / A3 / Hyundai / Lexus. Main exception is subaru.

I donā€™t think thereā€™s any high end car with a CVT that comes to mind.
Yep. CVT isnā€™t a transmission an Acura buyer will want. And when they already have the 8dct ready to go. It seems obvious. I hope.

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
They still use the 7dct? They bailed on it in 2019 I thought for a traditional auto and then came out with the wet 8dct in 2020/2021. The N veloster has the 8dct.
Yes they still do. The 8dct is indeed amazing but itā€™s only for FWD 2.5T and 3 N models.
1.6T sport compacts still come with the 7dct.

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
The problems with CVT in luxury cars is people. Not CVTs.
They are incredibly smooth with 0 shift feeling. The problem is people complained about that and RPMā€™s not changing till the desired speed was reached. So companies had to add fake shifts which hurts performance, smoothness and MPG.

Now durability is why Iā€™d not want one in a performance car. They just canā€™t take extended heat or high hard TQ application. the whole point of something like drag racing is keeping your engine in its peak power as long as you can. Itā€™s why things like 7-10 spd transmissions work well. A transmission that keeps it peak 100% of the time and just slides up the ratios as fast as grip allows it would be amazing.

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan MSM
1.5T would more then likely have the 6 Speed (we already know of) and a Sport Tuned CVT. 2.0T for Type S on the other hand.. might only get 10AT.
Current guessā€¦
- Base: Civicā€™s 6M and CVT, for cost and flexibility, they want to snag as many potential buyers as possible into the brand
- A Spec: 10A, little benefit of a 6M at a largely cosmetic trim level, DCT is aging and they donā€™t seem to be investing in it
- Type S: 6M and maybe 10A, if they pick one trans I canā€™t see them excluding the 6M and that performance brand image, wouldnā€™t be surprised to see the 10A also added for a larger audience appeal and real perf gains