• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

What do you want in your performance intake system

What is the most important purchasing factor in an Aftermarket Intake System for you?

• Performance, it needs to make power above all else

Votes: 16 53.3%
  • Sounds, I want to hear my intake and will take the swoosh with a hit to performance

Votes: 12 40.0%
  • Aesthetics, don't car how it sounds or performs as long as it looks cool

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Price, I will buy the cheapest one out there

Votes: 2 6.7%

• Total voters

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Car(s)
17 HBS, 18 SI, 18 CTR, 14 Ridgeline
I want to know what you guys want. If we could have our cake and eat it too we would want all the things. But when you are starting a handful of intakes and you need to pull the trigger on one, what is that ultimate decision factor for you?

chopsuey34

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Integra
When selecting between intakes, I would consider in order:

1) Quality engineering (Keeping AFM stock would be a focus) - I've read that intakes can change AFMs and cause potential for damage. This is probably related to changing the MAF, too.

2) Power - needs to add power

3) Sound - I spent $300 on noise maker intake once, I wouldn't do it again.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Vincent@27WON

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Car(s)
When selecting between intakes, I would consider in order:

1) Quality engineering (Keeping AFM stock would be a focus) - I've read that intakes can change AFMs and cause potential for damage. This is probably related to changing the MAF, too.

2) Power - needs to add power

3) Sound - I spent $300 on noise maker intake once, I wouldn't do it again.
Thanks for the feedback mate.

KhasnFX

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'09 Civic Si, '23 Integra
I'd be willing to pay more money for something high-quality and low maintenance, like the Sprint/Spoon filters. Wouldn't want a filter that needs oiling.

OP
OP
Vincent@27WON

Vincent@27WON

REDEFINE the Aftermarket
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.27won.com
Car(s)
I'd be willing to pay more money for something high-quality and low maintenance, like the Sprint/Spoon filters. Wouldn't want a filter that needs oiling.
Good news for you we only use non-oiled synthetic filters.

edddmaster

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
Honestly loved the 27won intake on my 10th gen Civic. Follow that formula lol. Was all around solid in terms of sound, looks, performance and price.

Swahme

First Name
Rohun
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra
Hi Vincent,
I would be interested in an intake that brings some sound to the car at the expense of a hit to performance. Overall, I don't see my car being put on the track, and would prefer an option that is fun to listen to on my daily commutes. Thanks for taking our thoughts into consideration.
Best,
RS

Dakei

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-Spec 6MT
Honestly loved the 27won intake on my 10th gen Civic. Follow that formula lol. Was all around solid in terms of sound, looks, performance and price.
Yes absolutely; I've noticed there's not much restriction to the stock intake just like the last generation Civic. Any extra airflow would be wasted without a tune and supporting mods, so some extra induction noises would be perfect.

Though I am wondering if it'll be possible for the 27Won Intake to be CARB legal for this gen. Doubtful since California emissions laws can be bullshit sometimes.

SeanIsElsewhere

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-Spec Tech
27Won’s 10th gen filter with the plexy box was clean. Something like that would be sick with good induction sound

Baozzer

First Name
Bao
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 A-Spec Tech 6MT
Build Thread
Link
Late vote. Sound > performance. But I don’t want to hinder it at all. So much better sound with a small performance boost is ideal to me.

Fngslim

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra
Performance first then sound, because honestly if all someone wants is sound then just buy a short ram intake from any brand or make one yourself and thats the most sound you could probably produce. I love that you guys are making a scoop to go to the intake from the grill, reminds me of when I had my e92 BMW, those were popular things you would add to the intake, makes the front grill stand out. One thing that would be nice is if you guys added color options, red, black, or orange, that way it could also match with the BBK color options you guys have aswell.

Baozzer

First Name
Bao
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 A-Spec Tech 6MT
Build Thread
Link
not just any Sri sounds good. want good pleasing gasm sound. not a loud rattle rocket

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
I'd say everything in order listed:
Performance first.
Sounds next.
Looks third.
Price...I don't care if the above are good. 👍🏽