• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

What are your audio settings?

memo90061

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
E350
I now have the Integra! One of my main priorities in a car is audio. I test drove a few cars and I'm coming from a Mercedes Benz E350 coupe with Harmon Kardon.

I feel like the Benz had a more neutral sound. All songs sounded really good on it.
The ELS 3D on the Integra has been the 2nd best out of all of the cars I've tried. I didn't try that many, but it has oomph!! I feel like some songs sound AMAZING and some sound just ok. I've been playing with the audio settings and I keep changing my mind.

Right now I have treble as a +5, midrange -1, and bass +2. The bass is very overpowering. I keep changing the settings and trying to figure out what I like.
I'm also wondering what has better audio quality? Bluetooth or CarPlay? I tried to connect a USB, but the car didn't read it.

Something that I found weird is that when I have CarPlay and the GPS on, the GPS instructions are not clear. The Siri voice comes from a different speaker compared to the music. When I have GPS on with bluetooth, it's even.

Wojo

First Name
Beef Cake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra A-Spec CVT, 2015 TLX , 2002 TL Type S
my settings are: treble +4, mid -1, bass -1, it really depends on the type of music you listen to,
rap/hip hop & you might have to turn the bass down, classic rock, bass up, i've kept the treble & mid
the same ( +4, -1 ) bass i've had to adjust, i get tired adjusting the bass so i just keep at -1,

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
Took these to reset to before my most resent factory reset of the unit because of the AA connectivity issue. At vol 20 I can feel the little subwoofer in the seat back like this. DTS on, of course.

20221218_131846.jpg

20221218_131839.jpg

submitaweasel

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra M/T
Something that I found weird is that when I have CarPlay and the GPS on, the GPS instructions are not clear. The Siri voice comes from a different speaker compared to the music. When I have GPS on with bluetooth, it's even.
There is a separate setting for the nav voice, however, i find it to be too loud even at volume 1.

BKK Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 LCM/Red ASpec Tech 6MT
Volume 20? Crikey! I generally drive around at 5 or 6 and might hit 7 on a song I really like.

It appears that turning on Neural DTS is the way to go with these.

OP
OP
memo90061

memo90061

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
E350
I think my max has been 27. I like loud music. I’ll probably lose my hearing soon. :(

BKK Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 LCM/Red ASpec Tech 6MT
I think my max has been 27. I like loud music. I’ll probably lose my hearing soon. :(
You may want to back that down about 20% there, superchief.

I'll be 61 in a few days and due to a life of loud music, Marine artillery and Marine and law enforcement small arms training along with being too stupid to wear earplugs when I first started riding motorcycles 40 years ago, in just about any room I'm in the loudest noise I hear is the ringing in my ears.

The acoustic nerve cannot repair itself. Every little bit you damage it is like taking a chip off a boulder. You can only do that so many times before the boulder is gone.

Palut

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra
You may want to back that down about 20% there, superchief.

I'll be 61 in a few days and due to a life of loud music, Marine artillery and Marine and law enforcement small arms training along with being too stupid to wear earplugs when I first started riding motorcycles 40 years ago, in just about any room I'm in the loudest noise I hear is the ringing in my ears.

The acoustic nerve cannot repair itself. Every little bit you damage it is like taking a chip off a boulder. You can only do that so many times before the boulder is gone.
He makes a good point. My grandfather lost much of his hearing in WWII so he would shout all the time in normal conversation. His hearing was so bad that he fell asleep seeing Stargate in the theater.

He had 50 grandchildren by the time he passed, and because he always shouted every one of us was afraid of him when we were little!

Tkapesis

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 integra
I usually turn to 20, then 30, end up at 40 and wanting to add a sub

Baozzer

First Name
Bao
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 A-Spec Tech 6MT
Build Thread
Link
i think the music at 12 is good and strong lol. im bad at tuning music i ended up leaving it all default