• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

What’s it gonna take to get you to buy a Type S?

Hondabob

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Si
I feel like the ITS might be teased this week. Reason being is that in 2 weeks Mid-Ohio happens for IMSA which Acura is a sponsor for that race. Teasing the ITS with a reveal set for Mid-Ohio would be smart.
Would be a welcome surprise for sure! I hope whatever teaser we get gives us some new info, not just some anime flashes of the exterior lol

OP
OP
jd2157

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan MSM
Type S will carry everything over from the A-Spec tech with little more structural rigidity, stickier tires, 19 inch rims standard and probably a different wing
Hopefully the Type S will be a better value (relatively) than the A Spec 6M.

42K to get the same 200Hp in the 34K Si is a bit tough to swallow. If Type S is more than 47K here imma be less than impressed.

HKF

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Honda Accord

42K to get the same 200Hp in the 34K Si is a bit tough to swallow. If Type S is more than 47K here imma be less than impressed.
Okay, so be less than impressed! WGAF! If you can’t understand how amazing a value the A Spec is that’s on you!

Hondabob

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Si

Yeah I can imagine it’s a much harder choice for our Canadian family considering the Si is very well equipped.
I am hoping the Type S won’t disappoint like the base model but tempered my expectations. The right price point will certainly help

lauren01

First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda CR-Z
ITS seems like a dream car on top of the 6MT headed to me in June. I’d seriously consider a trade up if I want more power and gadgets but not at the expense of a bumpy ride, like in Civic Si.

OP
OP
jd2157

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yeah I can imagine it’s a much harder choice for our Canadian family considering the Si is very well equipped.
I am hoping the Type S won’t disappoint like the base model but tempered my expectations. The right price point will certainly help
In the US, it’s Si (27,300), Integra (31,895), Integra 6M (36,895).

Here, it’s Si (33,150), Integra (34,350), Integra 6M (42,550).

So, the base Integra is a very good value here and so is the Si still. However, the Integra 6M at $9400 over the Si and almost 45k after freight/pdi isn’t a great value at all. There are a few nice features on the A Spec Elite but they’re not worth the price. Looks like we don’t get maintenance plans or Acuralink sub either.

OP
OP
jd2157

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Okay, so be less than impressed! WGAF! If you can’t understand how amazing a value the A Spec is that’s on you!
No you’re right, it’s a great value… if you’re math challenged or didn’t read closely enough to notice I’m talking Canadian prices. :crazy:

OP
OP
jd2157

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ITS seems like a dream car on top of the 6MT headed to me in June. I’d seriously consider a trade up if I want more power and gadgets but not at the expense of a bumpy ride, like in Civic Si.
The 3 setting dampers should be able to give a pretty comfortable ride compared to the Si.
That being said, I doubt the current Si is that bad… probably no worse than 10th in sport mode which I don’t find bad unless you’re on really bad roads.

lauren01

First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda CR-Z
The 3 setting dampers should be able to give a pretty comfortable ride compared to the Si.
That being said, I doubt the current Si is that bad… probably no worse than 10th in sport mode which I don’t find bad unless you’re on really bad roads.
My commute IS on really bad roads. The Integra’s dampers will be great news for me. And I want all of its gadgets!

Josh2201

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra, 2020 Yamaha MT09
In the US, it’s Si (27,300), Integra (31,895), Integra 6M (36,895).

Here, it’s Si (33,150), Integra (34,350), Integra 6M (42,550).

So, the base Integra is a very good value here and so is the Si still. However, the Integra 6M at $9400 over the Si and almost 45k after freight/pdi isn’t a great value at all. There are a few nice features on the A Spec Elite but they’re not worth the price. Looks like we don’t get maintenance plans or Acuralink sub either.
You're basically buying it for the attractive body style. I don't think the price difference is justified. Our SI's are loaded pretty good...including that heated steering wheel.
What it's going to come down to for me is seeing one in person. Is it enough to win me over!? Online, the Integra certainly looks more premium.

NeoDiNardo

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Red Honda Civic Type R
The Integra Type S just needs to come out. That’s all it would take for me to buy it. It’s a more luxurious CTR, and that’s absolutely perfect for me, especially if it has SH-AWD so I can forget about the GR Corolla. I highly desire a better seat, stereo, and features than these toy racing cars often come up with. The Integra’s Si level trim is also worth CTR level money for the same reasons as above. At a certain age you won’t want to skip the nicer things just for extra sheer power. I’d rather tune and upgrade the Integra at that point. And If I could I would buy the massaging and cooling seats in the MDX Type S. However, if you are young and have peach fuzz on your chin than you can buy a CTR.

Last edited:

Hondabob

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Si
I feel like the ITS might be teased this week. Reason being is that in 2 weeks Mid-Ohio happens for IMSA which Acura is a sponsor for that race. Teasing the ITS with a reveal set for Mid-Ohio would be smart.
Looks like the Type R will be there - still in camo lol. Definitely keeping my hopes up to get some teasers!
Link to article:
https://t.co/QqgaaVXpml

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Looks like the Type R will be there - still in camo lol. Definitely keeping my hopes up to get some teasers!
Link to article:
https://t.co/QqgaaVXpml
It's not until July, I might make the trip up there to see the CTR in person! If anything, I think that might be when Honda releases more info on the new CTR rather than an ITS, but that's just me.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
Value is very subjective. Many of us are comparing the Acura higher trim packages/pricing to a Civic Type R. If the dealers I have been in contact with have been truthful, then the Civic Type R is going to be about the same price as the Integra A spec + manual coming with 100+ less horsepower than the Honda. Personally, I’ll opt for the performance over the nostalgia/luxury of the Acura even though I’d prefer to own another integra again. So there’s plenty of people who give a F, really. Different strokes, different folks.