• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

What’s it gonna take to get you to buy a Type S?

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan MSM
The Type S won’t be cheap, especially in Canada. So I was wondering, what will that car have to have before I’ll bite the bullet? That’s tricky though, it’ll be a combination of things to get me to buy.

However, they’ll make it easy for me to not want it if they do any of the below…
- no manual, an auto takes too much of the fun away
- under 250 hp, there’ll need to be a big jump over the Si
- over 50k before tax, there are lots of options over 50k here

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
The Type S won’t be cheap, especially in Canada. So I was wondering, what will that car have to have before I’ll bite the bullet? That’s tricky though, it’ll be a combination of things to get me to buy.

However, they’ll make it easy for me to not want it if they do any of the below…
- no manual, an auto takes too much of the fun away
- under 250 hp, there’ll need to be a big jump over the Si
- over 50k before tax, there are lots of options over 50k here
Personally think 250 HP won’t be the Hp. I’m thinking somewhere between 272-290 HP.

Reactions: HKF

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
270+HP
MANUAL

with out both of those im not interested.

OP
OP
jd2157

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Personally think 250 HP won’t be the Hp. I’m thinking somewhere between 272-290 HP.
Agreed… I’ll be surprised if it’s under 270hp... but if it’s under 250hp I’ll skip it.

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
The last type s though had the same motor and output as the ctr. Hopefully that trend stays.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
The last type s though had the same motor and output as the ctr. Hopefully that trend stays.
True but I don’t think that will be the case this time around sadly.

OP
OP
jd2157

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The thing I’m most interested in about the Type S is release date. Judging by the MDX, they probably won’t be available until end of Q4’22 at the earliest and maybe Q1’23.

The hit that is the 2022 Si is making that wait seem like forever and an effin day.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
The thing I’m most interested in about the Type S is release date. Judging by the MDX, they probably won’t be available until end of Q4’22 at the earliest and maybe Q1’23.

The hit that is the 2022 Si is making that wait seem like forever and an effin day.
The MDX S was actually supposed to come out in October but it delayed due to the parts for air suspension and chips.

bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Bullitt
270+Hp and 6spd manual then I'm in.

OP
OP
jd2157

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The MDX S was actually supposed to come out in October but it delayed due to the parts for air suspension and chips.
Yep, and while supply chain/chip issues should be a lot better by summer next year, I’d be surprised if the Integra Type S isn’t somewhat delayed also.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
Yep, and while supply chain/chip issues should be a lot better by summer next year, I’d be surprised if the Integra Type S isn’t somewhat delayed also.
Type S typically don’t come out the same time as the standard one. Only reason why the TLX Type S took way longer then the base one was because that was when the Chip Shortages really affected Honda/Acura. MDX Type S was because of both Chip and supply chains not being able to produce a ton of air suspension plus some other things. Oh also fun fact, the block on the MDX S is actually different then the one on the TLX S. i found out by one of my friends who works at a dealership who does all the PDI and was taking a course for the model.

Integra Type S though I feel like that wouldn’t be delayed for almost a year. Reason being it will be a huge Parts bin version using 2.0T from either the TLX Base or Accord, Brake by wire from the NSX as well as Brembo Brakes from the TLX S which are 4 piston, suspension right from the Type R sadly no DWS, seats from TLX S, Probably a stiffening cross bar like TLX S for the rear trunk area and much more.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
Civic Type R reveal happening next month should give us a glimps to the what the Integra Type S will have!
E4924D5D-2779-4318-AA44-89E6CCD74325.jpeg

OP
OP
jd2157

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Type R reveal happening next month should give us a glimps to the what the Integra Type S will have!
There should definite be some features there we haven’t seen yet. If they’re bringing rev matching to the Si there shouldn’t be much off limits for the Type S.

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Honda HR-V Sport.
There should definite be some features there we haven’t seen yet. If they’re bringing rev matching to the Si there shouldn’t be much off limits for the Type S.
Type S might be Automatic exclusive.

Reactions: HKF