• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

What’s it gonna take to get you to buy a Type S?

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18 CTR(Sold), 19 TLX, 21 Veloster N(sold)
I agree and think it’s smart for Acura to skip hybrids. You gain a little more mpg than the L15 yet have additional battery maintenance costs. My brother needed a new battery in his Prius and it was like $10k or something ridiculous like that. All while still having maintenance cost of the ICE. Not worth it. Go full ICE or full EV.
I'm OK with Acura going straight to EV. What I'm worried about is how it might affect Acura's ICE plan.
I know L15 sips gas but K20C is still a pretty big engine and the MDX still has the J series.
And then we have the Type S V6, of course. lol
Acura isn't a very fuel efficient brand on average and that's not gonna change anytime soon.
I don't know how BEV is calculated but I'm not sure if one EV will be enough for the new CAFE regulations and all.
Simply put, I'm just worried about the ITS.

Hondabob

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Si
I'm OK with Acura going straight to EV. What I'm worried about is how it might affect Acura's ICE plan.
I know L15 sips gas but K20C is still a pretty big engine and the MDX still has the J series.
And then we have the Type S V6, of course. lol
Acura isn't a very fuel efficient brand on average and that's not gonna change anytime soon.
I don't know how BEV is calculated but I'm not sure if one EV will be enough for the new CAFE regulations and all.
Simply put, I'm just worried about the ITS.
Based on the Accords 2.0T MPG of 22/32 with reduced weight of the Integra I am hopeful that it will be enough to stave off CAFE. I think 24-25/33-34 will be pretty great, considering the rest of the line up has combined MPG in the low 20s and teens lol.

I think this is also a reason we will see the 10spd auto vs manual, as the extra gears will help

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I agree and think it’s smart for Acura to skip hybrids. You gain a little more mpg than the L15 yet have additional battery maintenance costs. My brother needed a new battery in his Prius and it was like $10k or something ridiculous like that. All while still having maintenance cost of the ICE. Not worth it. Go full ICE or full EV.
Wow you can get rebuilt battery packs for around 2k or just go to.the junk yard and it's about 500. Even better just replace the damaged cells. I replaced mine that way.

elisalsa24

First Name
Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FK8 Type R Boost Blue
It's true that both 3rd and 4th gen ITR had a little more power than the CTR, but we're not talking about ITR here.
Also, the 9speed on the NSX is mounted very differently, so it just won't work with any other Honda or Acura.
But ITR would be nice tho. I really hope Acura does this for its final production year or something.
Ok, back to ITS.

3rd gen GS-R had 170hp and ITR had 195hp in the US. At the time, Si had 160hp and CTR (which wasn't sold here) had 182 hp.
RSX Type S had 200hp (210hp for final model year) and the JDM ITR had 217hp. 7th gen Si had 160hp and the JDM CTR had 212hp.
So the new ITS will most likely sit between the Si and the new CTR in terms of power output, but little closer to the CTR.
Obviously nobody knows how much power the new CTR will pack, but I don't think it will be much more than what the FK8 had.
Somewhere in the 275-300hp range seems reasonable if they follow the same recipe they've used before.
It sounds good but I doubt they can sell the car for more than the CTR if it isn’t more powerful even if it’s only 10 more HP. If they use the 10 speed on the accord might be fine too

elisalsa24

First Name
Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FK8 Type R Boost Blue
Integra won't be getting a Type R. Everything points to it getting a Type S like the rest of the Acura lineup. It's unlikely enough that even the ITS will get the CTR powertrain, because Type S's are supposed to be luxury first and power second. The raw and more track-like car will be the CTR. Believe me, I'd be very happy is Acura exceeded my expectations.
type s and type r are the same thing they’re just trying to seperate the brands. I understand the other type s cars such as the TLX and MDX aren’t living up to expectations but the NSX Type S is a legitimate track monster and definitely somewhere in the top of its class. It’s easier to make the integra more similar to the CTR since they run on the same platform. The main difference will be the auto trans I doubt the ITR will be weaker at $50k but I can be wrong

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Wow you can get rebuilt battery packs for around 2k or just go to.the junk yard and it's about 500. Even better just replace the damaged cells. I replaced mine that way.
I think that was a dealer quote, so definitely the most expensive option. But still.

OP
OP
jd2157

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan MSM
type s and type r are the same thing they’re just trying to seperate the brands. I understand the other type s cars such as the TLX and MDX aren’t living up to expectations but the NSX Type S is a legitimate track monster and definitely somewhere in the top of its class. It’s easier to make the integra more similar to the CTR since they run on the same platform. The main difference will be the auto trans I doubt the ITR will be weaker at $50k but I can be wrong
While they are segregating Type R to Honda and Type S to Acura I disagree that they are the same. Type R is track focused and comfort will be sacrificed for performance. Type S is about adding performance without sacrificing comfort.

The NSX Type S may be a track monster but its a moderate performance upgrade from the base and comfort hasn’t been sacrificed.

arsh88

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
a DCT, which might be possible given the rumors of a type R getting it.

lauren01

First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda CR-Z
I’d like to have my loan transferred to the balance on the new car; rate is 1.74% fixed for 4 years. Paying relatively high interest will dead stop me from trading to Type S. Also must be another manual car.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
I’d like to have my loan transferred to the balance on the new car; rate is 1.74% fixed for 4 years. Paying relatively high interest will dead stop me from trading to Type S. Also must be another manual car.
Wow incredible rate! I'm at 2.95% which I thought was decent. I don't think we will be seeing these low rates ever again.

hollis

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL 3rd Gen
Hoping its a Civic Type R plus just upgraded radio, power/memory/heat/cooled seats, 40+mm profile tires, slightly more insulated, better interior materials, higher quality unique paint offerings, and no more than $47K. Please keep the weight about 3300lbs unless AWD is offered.

Previously owned '90 Integra coupe and now '08 TL.

Just put down a deposit for Type S last week at very large Acura dealer for #1 spot at MSRP and refundable. Will take a Civic Type R or GR Corolla, but this is a backup plan. Just worried about rear headroom is only 36.4" and some reviewers complained about it when they were only 5'8" while some were fine with it at 6'2", so which is it?

ItsGizzman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT, 2004 MX-5 Miata
Just put down a deposit for Type S last week at very large Acura dealer for #1 spot at MSRP and refundable. Will take a Civic Type R or GR Corolla, but this is a backup plan.
You found an Acura dealer that let you put a deposit down for an Integra Type S already? When I asked my dealer about the Integra Type S in September he basically was like "well there's no real formal confirmation yet that it's coming, but once there is you'll be the first to know."

hollis

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura TL 3rd Gen
Contacted about 20 dealers in New England area, 3 would take deposits. But only 1 would honor MSRP and no dealer forced add-ons.
Think the leaked spy photos made it very obvious its coming. I would try calling again.

According to Redline reviews from this month while reviewing the A-spec:
" So we hear rumors that Acura is doing some Integra Type S prototype drives for media out in Japan next month and while the company has been quiet about the existence of the Type S, we expect an official announcement to happen before the end of the year. Are you guys excited for the higher performance variant? "