• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Vredestein Wintrac Pro review

neuronbob

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
99 NSX, 04 S2000, 13 6MT CTS-V wagon
Back on stock summer tires/wheels a couple of days ago. I put 2618 miles (4213 km) on the Vredestein Wintrac Pro tires. I used 245/40r18 size.

Quick review:
1. good dry grip in the cold. Warmest I drove them was 65 F (18 C), and they were surprisingly capable at that temp.
2. Excellent light snow traction.
3. Good deep snow traction. The single day I had 11 inches (28 cm) in my driveway, I was able to drive on my slightly sloped driveway with little wheel spin. This is a far better result than possible with all-seasons.
4. Just OK ice traction. Would need to go to 235 width, or to add studs to do better, and the latter is obviously way overkill in an urban/suburban area.
5. Surprisingly excellent cold wet traction. I found them quite resistant to hydroplaning.
6. Very noisy…but snow tire, what do you expect 🤷🏽‍♂️? I cranked up my tunes or listened to the engine.
7. Comfy ride…but I went 18’s and more sidewall, so expected.

Overall, I recommend the tire, especially with the sale price I scored back in the summer when I bought. Good value for money.

In retrospect, given the last few winters here in NE Ohio have been less snowy, and warmer than in years past, I could have gotten away with an all-season tire. Usually, we have BAD winters with lots of snow.

PS: I’ve owned 25 cars over the years. This car is the best daily driver I’ve ever owned, other than my manual CTS-V wagon. Separate review later.
IMG_0608.jpeg
IMG_0609.jpeg