• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

USB thumb drive for music on 2023 Integra A-Spec tech

mikea9999

First Name
MIke
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Acura Integra A-Spec
What type of thumb drive, format type (FAT,ExFat, NFTS), and folder structure are you using to get this to work?

RB2490

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 wrx, 2015nissan juke nismo, 15 scion frs
What type of thumb drive, format type (FAT,ExFat, NFTS), and folder structure are you using to get this to work?
For me I had to use a usb 2.0 flash drive to get anything to recognized. I believe it was nfts I used though

PJK3

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Liquid Carbon Metallic / Red A-Spec Tech
After trying several variations of USB 2.0, USB 3.0, USB 3.1, FAT32, exFAT, and NTFS - and drive sizes of 128 GB, 256 GB, 4 GB, 8 GB, 16 GB and 32 GB...

It would appear that the drive must be FAT32 and 32GB or less. (USB 3.0 or USB 2.0)
I didn't have a 64 GB to try, but even larger 128 and 256 GB drives formatted (HP USB tool) to FAT32 were not even recognized. I'm going to try a 32 GB USB 3.1 drive. I expect it to work, but will report back if it doesn't.
EDIT: See below for more information on other working options.

My 6 year and 3 generation old PCM 3.1 system in my 911 (non-Android Auto & non-Apple Carplay) easily recognized the 256 GB USB 3.1 drive formatted exFAT and readily played music off of it.

Acura, it's F***** embarrassing.

coach-letterkenny.gif

Last edited:
OP
OP
mikea9999

mikea9999

First Name
MIke
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Acura Integra A-Spec
You can use the command line format command for a larger USB drive with FAT32. I am currently using a 128 GB USB drive formatted as FAT32 file system. Working perfect.

USB.jpg

Leehro

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Integra 6MT
I have a 256GB USB 3.1 thumbdrive that I use: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07857Y17V

I don't remember what it's formated - either ExFAT or FAT32. I use a Mac, so I know it's not NTFS. I bought it in August, loaded it up with FLAC, and it's been in the car ever since. It's actually velcro-looped to the lightning cable I use for CarPlay. It's small enough to just hang off the cable and be ready to swap if I want it.

PJK3

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
You can use the command line format command for a larger USB drive with FAT32. I am currently using a 128 GB USB drive formatted as FAT32 file system. Working perfect.

USB.jpg
Thank you for posting this confirmation.

I tried formatting my 256 GB 3.1 w/ both Powershell and the HP USB tool for FAT 32, and it simply wouldn't recognize it. I guess I could try my 128 GB again (I think I only HP tool formatted it), since it's the same Sandisk model as Leehro's 256 GB.

It's still ridiculous that in 2023, this doesn't just "work", when a 2016 PCM 3.1 recognizes it fine.

PJK3

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I have a 256GB USB 3.1 thumbdrive that I use: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07857Y17V

I don't remember what it's formated - either ExFAT or FAT32. I use a Mac, so I know it's not NTFS. I bought it in August, loaded it up with FLAC, and it's been in the car ever since. It's actually velcro-looped to the lightning cable I use for CarPlay. It's small enough to just hang off the cable and be ready to swap if I want it.
Thanks -- going to give this drive a try since I have the 128 GB version. Trying a Powershell format for FAT32.

PJK3

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Reporting back: Success.
Powershell format was a no go, as the partition wasn't properly defined.
I recommend using MiniTool Partition Wizard for partitioning and formatting.

Thanks again mikea9999 and Leehro.

(Updating initial post for clarity)

LexiSnep

First Name
Lexi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra 6MT
I have a 128GB USB drive formatted as FAT32, and I play FLAC files with it.

bpebler

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 ITS, 20 Durango
I wish I knew what this all meant. 😂 I just plug in my Spotify premium & go, but I'd like to have a backup drive for sure.

Padre Dave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra A-Spec, Tech. MT
I used a 1TB drive with a USB-A and USB-C adaptors in my 2019 RDX but the Integra won’t read them. I found an old 32 GB thumb drive and it is working. At the dealer when I bought the IT-AS their tech guy tried it in my new car and no response. He then put it in a new RDX and it worked great. I am a Mac guy so mine is formatted in ExFAT. If anyone has any ideas I am open. An amazing guy on Acurazine helps me with this issue….also bummed that the Integra won’t play the 5.1 files I played in the RDX. FLAC is a good format for my classical and progressive rock music but the 5.1 stuff in the RDX was amazing….I like my 6MT in the Integra, so I am good.

davelemi

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Acura Integra Type S
Although the USB port recognizes my flash drive, none of my music is organized by artist and album. Current playlist just lists all of my music while playlists, artists, albums and songs are grayed out. My flash drive is organized as expected- Artist—> album(s). Am I doing something wrong? Any help is sincearly appreciate. (24 ITS)